PDA

View Full Version : First Fantasy VC List- 2500pts

gartenzing
03-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Hi all,

Well, having had to dial down my hobby over the last year, I'm now jumping back in with both feet :) Fantasy had only just come on the scene when I took my break, so I only have a few games under my belt, but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for VC, so I've settled on them as my first "re-vamp" army. Here's the list I have in mind:

Count Mannfredd- barded Nightmare

Vampire- Flying Horror, heavy armour, Level 2
Vampire- Level 2
Necromancer- Level 2, Master of Dead

30 Skeleton Warrior- Full Command
2*6 Dire Wolves

5 Black Knights- barding, FC
5 Hexwraith
Corpse Cart- Balefire

Terrorgheist
Mortis Engine- Tome

So 2498 points. Percentage wise, it breaks down as Lords- 22.2%; Heroes- 17.5%; Core- 25.5%; Special- 16.2%; Rare- 18.6%. It gives me a strong(ish) centre of Skeletons, which can reform if necessary (all of them have hand weapon and shield at the moment); a strong Cavalry wing of Mannfredd, Black Knights, Wolves and Hexwraiths, and a Flying Wing of the Terrorgheist and Vampire. Tournament-worthy?- probably not. Solid gaming army?- that's the hope!

So what do you guys that have been playing 8th Ed. think? Any glaring mistakes? Any obvious omissions?

The biggest question I have right now is- Mannfredd has Loremaster (Lore of Death and Lore of Vampires). Does that mean that he knows 14spells without rolling? Or do I have to pick 1 of the Lores for him to "pick spells" from (and then get the whole Lore thanks to his rule)?

Thanks, Gar

BaileyBankai
03-18-2012, 03:53 PM
manfred gets all spells from both lores, as for you list what lores ore you using on you vamps and necro, im guessing lore of vanpires. with manfred id probably put him on foot and march him up with the block so you can keep spawning guys and give rerolls etc as he is the best caster, and he is you general so he can march.
the flying horror vamp is a bit pointless as he will just take a few shots and die as he doent have any armour, and he doesnt have any equipment that will really be a hassle.
the core is pretty good, i like skellies but lots of people now use zombies as they do the same job for cheaper points and can be raised like hell.
i dont really like black knights as they now cant march even if they have a vampire in the unit unless they are near the general, which defeats the perpose of having fast flank hitting cavalry. id rather use something vampiric like the balck coach or vargulf.