PDA

View Full Version : For Chicagoland Painters: Mathieu Fontaine Masterclasses I/II: April 28-29, May 5-6

blakbuzzrd
03-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Hello fellow Chicagoland painters and gamers,

Just wanted to let you here know that Games Plus is hosting the return of Mathieu Fontaine to Chicago to put on his Masterclass painting workshops. Each of them is a full two-day experience, and from personal experience I can tell you it changed the way I paint.

Anyway, here are the deets. If you are interested in signing up, email me at [email protected].

Dates and times:

Masterclass I
Saturday, April 28: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday, April 29: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Masterclass II
Saturday, May 5: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday, May 6: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Masterclass I Course Description

Masterclass I is an two-day intensive class on painting figurines. Every technique and theoretical concept is covered, from the undercoat to perfect blending, passing by zenithal lighting along the way.

The provided figurine will allow every student to have plenty of time to explore the principal areas of painting: clothing, skin, the face and use of metallics. In terms of theory, zenithal lighting, composition, color theory and base conception will be explored, giving every student a complete understanding of the theoretical concepts so as to maximize the impact of his or her miniature.

This Masterclass is open to every level of painter. Whether you are holding a brush for the first time or have painted hundreds of models for your armies, you will benefit from this class. While each student receives the same technical and theoretical information, Mathieu's follow-up is one-on-one and totally personalized. Every student will be pushed to the limit of his or her abilities in order to make sure that he or she gets the maximum benefit out of this experience. So regardless of whether you are an army painter who wants better results on your favorite models or a painter who dreams of winning a Golden Demon, this class is for you.

Materials required for MCI:

Although some materials will be provided, it wouldn't hurt to bring your brushes, any paints you absolutely must have (we'll try to provide the paints as much as possible) and any lamps or optical equipment you use.

Masterclass II Course Description

Masterclass II is for any moderately experienced miniature painter who wants to reach another level and discover vehicle painting techniques. We will approach various military modeling techniques, push blending to another level, explore airbrushing both for vehicles and figurines, play with unusual products such as oil paints and weathering pigments, and experiment with base building and painting.

Materials required for MCII:

You’ll need to bring your brushes, any paints you absolutely must have (we'll try to provide the paints as much as possible) and any lamps or optical equipment you use. The oil paints and pigments will be provided for you as well as the usual basic wet palette prep supplies (plates, cups and parchment paper).

Note: The airbrushing segment of this class comprises a demonstration of techniques by Mathieu. No need to bring your own equipment for this, as it is strictly demonstration.

Costs

It's $100 tuition for either Masterclass I or Masterclass II (covers mini, instruction, a Raphael 8404 brush, paint, and basic prep supplies). Or, you can pay $185 to sign up for both Masterclasses. Hey, save fifteen bucks!

Oh, and here's a pretty picture:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1823310/Masterclassforumflyer.jpg