PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 1000 pts for small tournament

Spellscape
03-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Hi all

I need help with list for small FB tournament my opponents wil be mostly Dwarfs and Elves
My current Total Roster Cost: 877.0 and I can't decide what to add or remove, change.
Tomb Kings Roster

Liche Priest (1#, 130.0 pts)
1 Liche Priest @ 130.0 pts (General; Hierophant; Nehekharan Undead; Level 2 Upgrade; Hand Weapon; Causes Fear; Regenerate; Unbreakable; Unstable)
1 Earthing Rod

Liche Priest (1#, 95.0 pts)
1 Liche Priest @ 95.0 pts (Nehekharan Undead; Hand Weapon; Causes Fear; Unbreakable; Unstable)
1 Dispel Scroll

Skeleton Archers (20#, 130.0 pts)
20 Skeleton Archers @ 130.0 pts (Arrows of Asaph; Nehekharan Undead; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Bow; Causes Fear; Unbreakable; Unstable)

Skeleton Archers (20#, 130.0 pts)
20 Skeleton Archers @ 130.0 pts (Arrows of Asaph; Nehekharan Undead; Musician Mus; Hand Weapon; Bow; Causes Fear; Unbreakable; Unstable)

War Engines (4#, 90.0 pts)
1 Screaming Skull Catapult @ 90.0 pts (Nehekharan Undead; Screaming Skulls; Causes Fear; Stone Thrower; Unbreakable; Unstable)
3 Crew (Hand Weapon; Light Armour)

Carrion (3#, 72.0 pts)
3 Carrion @ 72.0 pts (Nehekharan Undead; Causes Fear; Flyer; Unbreakable; Unstable)

Khemrian Warsphinx (5#, 230.0 pts)
1 Khemrian Warsphinx @ 230.0 pts (Animated Construct; Fiery Roar; Howdah Crew; Nehekharan Undead; Thundercrush Attack; Causes Fear; Causes Terror; Large Target; Thunder Stomp; Unbreakable; Unstable)
4 Tomb Guard Crew (Spear; Killing Blow)

Chronowraith
03-18-2012, 11:56 AM
The problem you are going to have as-is largely revolves around the fact that your general and hierophant are one and the same. So when he goes, it is almost auto-lose as your army starts crumbling on their base leadership.

Personally, I'd drop the 2nd liche priest and the carrion (this will give you almost 300 points). Then add a Tomb Prince with minimal equipment and either a large block of skeletons (or as many tomg guard as you can fit) or a unit of Chariots.

Finally, make sure you know what scenarios are going to be played. You'd pretty much auto-lose the break point scenario since you have no banners in the army.

dmshadowz
03-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Your list looks like you are trying to do a gunline and sadly tomb kings cant do that well.
the main problem I see is you have no solid blocks that can fight in close combat, which every enemy knows will destroy our forces. for example one of my 1000 pt tomb king lists are:

tomb herald with BSB
liche priest 2nd level
10 archers
20 warriors (standard)
3 chariots (standard)
21 tomb guard (standard)
3 necroknights (standard)
and 49 points for magic items.

Spellscape
03-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Thank you I'll try it

damage
03-22-2012, 05:51 AM
@ dmshadowz - so are the 10 skellie archers just a bunker for the liche priest? it doesn't seem like they would be good for much else.