PDA

View Full Version : Siege of Terra ImpFists Army

theirkin
03-19-2012, 01:18 AM
So I am thinking of collecting an ImpFists Army circa the Siege of Terra. It needs to have something to represent Dorn and Sigismund. So far the best option I've found is blood angels (going for the swordsmen theme).

Sanguinor
Chaplain
5 LC Terminators
7 Death Company w/ Powerfist
3x 10 Assault Marines w/ 2 Metlaguns and Powerfist in Rhinos
2 Landraiders, 1 w/ MMelta

That comes out to 2k on the nose. I initially tried to figure something out with the vanilla book, but then I run into the problem of not having a great option for Dorn (Marneus?). And then what do I build around him? Any thematic suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Joe

White Tiger88
03-19-2012, 02:41 AM
So I am thinking of collecting an ImpFists Army circa the Siege of Terra. It needs to have something to represent Dorn and Sigismund. So far the best option I've found is blood angels (going for the swordsmen theme).

Sanguinor
Chaplain
5 LC Terminators
7 Death Company w/ Powerfist
3x 10 Assault Marines w/ 2 Metlaguns and Powerfist in Rhinos
2 Landraiders, 1 w/ MMelta

That comes out to 2k on the nose. I initially tried to figure something out with the vanilla book, but then I run into the problem of not having a great option for Dorn (Marneus?). And then what do I build around him? Any thematic suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Joe

In all honesty the Imperial fists pretty much just sat back and shot during the battle of terra, Not to mention had a fair amount of big guns and other toy's the blood angel codex doesn't count. As for dorn there is no record of him even leaving the palace to fight anyone (that i have found could be wrong here) Instead of Blood Angel's i would use the Black Templar book for your troops since they are an imperial fists off shot anyhow.

Not to mention you get some cool chars in Black Templar!

theirkin
03-19-2012, 02:54 AM
Elzanith: Thanks for the insight. I feel a little off doing ImpFists with the blood angels 'dex anyway, but my problem is finding someone to count as Dorn. Who would work in the Black Templars 'dex do you think? Helbrecht?

White Tiger88
03-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Elzanith: Thanks for the insight. I feel a little off doing ImpFists with the blood angels 'dex anyway, but my problem is finding someone to count as Dorn. Who would work in the Black Templars 'dex do you think? Helbrecht?

Yup or make your own Capt or somthing to count as him, Not like he fought anyhow so you could ignore him and use sigmund instead who went out and ripped apart the traitors. (Dorn like i said was the commander and was inside the palace the whole time....unlike sanguinius and khan who where leading there forces dorn had the fun of telling everyone else what to do)