PDA

View Full Version : Black Templars Question

Tepogue
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM
OK, maybe I'm just reading too much into the Black Templars codex, but does the Vow Accept Any Challenge No Matter the Odds, allow the Templars to break the rules about only being able to Assault something you have shot at?

"Any unit that can declare a charge (ie has not fired rapid fire or Heavy weapons) must do so if they are in range of an enemy unit at the start of their Assault Phase."

If I have a unit of basic marines,and 2 enemy squads close by, Say tactical marines at 5 inches and assault marines at 11 inches, I use pistols to shoot the Assault marines, then uring my assault phase, I have that tactical marine unit who is only 5 inches away, can/must I assault them?

Hive Mind
03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
No because you are not able to charge the Tactical Squad. The compulsory element of Accept Any Challenge only works if the squad "can" declare a charge, meaning all other rules to do with who can charge what apply. If you had shot pistols at the Tactical Squad or fired bolters once but no heavy weapons, then you must charge the Tactical Squad.

DarkLink
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
"Any unit that can declare a charge..."

Shooting one target means you can't declare a charge on another, ergo Accept Any Challenge doesn't apply.

Rapture
03-21-2012, 02:30 PM
While the rule in its entirety may seem unclear, the "must do so" language requires that the charge that the unit can declare be the charge that is forced by the rule.

So, the charge that the unit can declare (which would be against the enemy unit that was fired on, in your example) must be the enemy unit that the Black Templar unit is in range of.

Aegir
09-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi, first of all hello, because I'm new here:)

I in case of 6ed of W40k, and some new rules, FAQ, erratas etc. I thought, that there are some things that need to be cleared and discussed.

First of all...

Accept any challenge.... now we have rage special rule... I think that earlier was better, beceause re-roll to hit, was better than extra +1A in charge...The question is: is this VoW still worth it's point cost? please answer

Second EC.... now the sword is sword,+2str, AP3, melee... is that meaning that is no more power weapon? If it's true it suck's a lot.... there is almoust no chance to defeat someone in terminator armour...Am I correct?

Third thing. In one of FAQ-s there is written, that I can choose only those vehicle that are in my codex.. So if I think correct I can't use stormtalons, stormravens... or other flyers in my BT army?

If someone know the ansewr for those questions plesae cler my mind, and answer me fast

Thakns

gcsmith
09-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Hi, first of all hello, because I'm new here:)

I in case of 6ed of W40k, and some new rules, FAQ, erratas etc. I thought, that there are some things that need to be cleared and discussed.

First of all...

Accept any challenge.... now we have rage special rule... I think that earlier was better, beceause re-roll to hit, was better than extra +1A in charge...The question is: is this VoW still worth it's point cost? please answer

Second EC.... now the sword is sword,+2str, AP3, melee... is that meaning that is no more power weapon? If it's true it suck's a lot.... there is almoust no chance to defeat someone in terminator armour...Am I correct?

Third thing. In one of FAQ-s there is written, that I can choose only those vehicle that are in my codex.. So if I think correct I can't use stormtalons, stormravens... or other flyers in my BT army?

If someone know the ansewr for those questions plesae cler my mind, and answer me fast

Thakns

There is only one power weapon that is ap2. The axe.

AAC is still the only viable vow we have.

No you cannot use a non BT vehicle in our army unless listed in that vehicles option. So no stormtalons or ravens.

gcsmith
09-24-2012, 01:22 AM
Somehow double post

Aegir
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Ok, thank's for help:), Maby my question was,t clear enough... If melee weapon has AP3 that means it's not power weapon, because PW nullify all saving throws...So its normal weapon +2str and AP3...?... that suck's a lot if it's true...:/

In addition one more question. Are assault troops now worth to use? 4attacks in charge plus bonus attack from the sky... what you think about that?:)

gcsmith
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Ok, thank's for help:), Maby my question was,t clear enough... If melee weapon has AP3 that means it's not power weapon, because PW nullify all saving throws...So its normal weapon +2str and AP3...?... that suck's a lot if it's true...:/

In addition one more question. Are assault troops now worth to use? 4attacks in charge plus bonus attack from the sky... what you think about that?:)

Power Weapons no longer ignore all saving throws... Have you even read 6th edition?

Xenith
09-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Hw did this get into a debate about power weapons?

You shoot the ASM, you then have to try and charge the ASM. If you are in range with your pistols, you are in charge range. Unless you kill all the models within 12" by shooting.

Aegir
09-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Hmm. My mistake... I've just looked into 6ed BRB, and i thought.. weapons.. I know all about that:). Yesterday I red those informations and it's of course true:).... So another question. If in codex BT is, in armoury section, written that I can take power weapon for my character, can I take whatever I want... sword, axe in the same point cost...?

And the following question... If chaplain has crozius arcanum that have AP4 is that worth it's point cost? Or this is question for tactic section?

Thank's for help:)