PDA

View Full Version : 1500pt Blood Angels for Casual Tournament

Gir
03-21-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm entering into a casual tournament in 1 1/2 weeks, and I need help putting together a blood angel list.

The tournament is 8 player elimination, Objectives for first round, then two victory point annihilation.

I will be up against Tyranids (Tervigon Spam), Necrons, Tau, Blood Angels, Imperial Guard and Grey Knights at least.

My current list is:

HQ
Librarian
-Jump Pack,
-Shield Of Sanguinius
-Unleash Rage

Elites
3 Sanguinary Priests
-2 Jump Packs

5 Terminators
-Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields

Furioso Dread
-Blood Talons and
-Heavy Flamer

Troops
5 Scouts
-Sniper Rifles and
-Camo Cloaks

5 Scouts
-Sniper Rifles and
- Camo Cloaks

10 Assault Marines
-2 Meltaguns

10 Assault Marines
-2 Flamers
-1 Hand Flamer

Heavy Support
Stormraven
-Extra Armour
-Twin-linked Multimelta

1500pts on the nose.

The plan is to use the Stormraven loaded with Termies and the Dreadnought to find big targets like Tervigons and C'tan, while the snipers guard objectives at home, and the assault squads push for/contest the enemy objectives.

Any suggestions?

Chumbalaya
03-21-2012, 10:19 AM
What exactly is a "casual tournament"?

Your entire army hinges on the survival of a single AV12 skimmer, that's not a good recipe for success. Terminator-delivery systems tend to make for very lopsided builds in 1500, so there's not much you can do to remedy it that won't totally change your list.

Loshkins
03-21-2012, 10:44 AM
To expand on what Chumbalaya said. You basically have 2 vehicles (1 if you load the dread into the SR), everything else is infantry. What this mean is that all of the enemies AV firepower will be directed into that one spot and it will go boom in a hurry. What you could do, is get rid of the SR and the dread all together. Perhaps buy more hammernators and give the libby gate to try and get them closer, faster? How do you want this list to play?

dzer0
03-21-2012, 07:15 PM
try a test game with the following modification to your terminator/storm raven setup and see if this works for you. It may not fit your play style but it is another way of playing them.

3 TH/SS Terminators
2 LC Terminators
1 Reclusiarch (drop the libby)
1 Priest (power weapon optional if you can squeeze the points)

On the charge you have:

4 attacks at I6 (WS5)
8 LC attacks, 4 Priest attacks at I5 (WS4/5)
9 Thunder Hammers at I1

all rerolling hits, the claws rerolling wounds on top of that.

breaking apart your attacks like this at initiative steps is incredibly important, I find the I6 from the Reclusiarch makes them a little more interesting against Halberds but gives you enough Storm Shields plus the Reclusiarch Invul save to really spread the wounds around.

Angelofblades
03-22-2012, 09:37 AM
What Dzero saisd would work...if you weren't charging into terrain. Then your terminators are screwed, since they lack frag grenades and the Storm Raven doesn't have frag assault launchers.

Honestly, if you are going for the terminator/ Storm raven combo, you're better off going for full TH/SS termies and a libby in termy armor w/ SS.

I would drop the scouts, they're not that great at all, or useful in a tournament setting imho.

You have way too many priests for a 1500 pts game. I only run 2 at 2k, you've got 3 in 1500 pts. You honestly only need 1 at this points level, 2 would be pushing it.

I would also suggest choosing between the dread and terminators. You have enough CC in the list. From assault marines, to terminators to talon furioso. Do you really think you need that much CC?

The list needs ranged fire support. If you choose the terminators, drop the furioso, if you choose the furioso, drop the terminators. I would suggest dropping the Terminators.

Add auto/las preds

Here's what it should look like with out the termies

Power Armored Libby - 100
Shield, Rage

1 Priest - 65
Power Weapon

Furioso - 140
Extra Armor

10 Jump Assault squad - 240
Power weapon, Infernus pistol Sgt
2 x Meltaguns

10 foot Assault squad - 296
Power fist, 2x Melta guns
Razorback
Twin linked Lascannon, Dozer Blades, Searchlights

5 foot Assault squad - 171
meltagun,
Razorback
Twin linked Lascannon, Dozer Blades, Searchlights

Storm Raven - 216
Extra armor, Twin linked lascannon, twin linked Multi-melta, Searchlights

Predator - 136
Auto/ lascnnon sponsons, Searchlights

Predator - 136
Auto/ lascnnon sponsons, Searchlights

The 10 man foot squad goes in the storm raven, along with the libby and priest. Keep the 10 man jump squad in reserves to DoA combat squads and kill 2 vehicles. Preds and razorbacks stay back and hold rear, while providing fire support.

ElDuchen
03-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I have run a similar list at 1850, but I ran jumppack DC with a chappy instead of the termies, a DC dread with talons, a furioso libby dread in a pod and a third assault squad instead of the scouts. I had a lot of fun with it, but I won't claim to have won much! Against IG, the drop pod dread with Blood lance made the guy focus a lot of fire on it to get rid of it, which definitely helped the stormraven survivability. If the only purpose of the SR is to get the termies in deep, then make sure it moves flat out and hope you don't go second!

I agree with angel, 3 sang priests is overkill. You would be fine with two which gives you 75 points to play with.

Brother Cruorem
03-22-2012, 06:11 PM
I think I most agree with dzer0’s and ElDuchen’s comments the most for your list. Dzer0’s Termis will hit a lot harder, having the extra targets suggested by ElDuchen will keep more of your hard hitters alive to get their points back, and it keeps your list closer to how you originally wanted to play.

Gir
03-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Had a couple of games with a few alterations as suggested, and they seemed to do pretty much the same.

The one that went the best was:

HQ

Librarian
-Jump Pack,
-Shield Of Sanguinius
-Unleash Rage

Elites

3 Sanguinary Priests
-3 Jump Packs
- Power weapons

Troops

6 Scouts
-Sniper Rifles and
-Camo Cloaks

10 Assault Marines
-2 Meltaguns
- Powerfist

10 Assault Marines
-2 Meltaguns
- Powerfist

10 Assault Marines
-2 Flamers
-1 Hand Flamer
- Power Weapon

Heavy Support

6 Devastators
- 3 Missile Launchers
- 1 Plasma Cannon

6 Devastators
- 3 Missile Launchers
- 1 Plasma Cannon

It had a close run with Tau, but that's because I managed to misshap one assault squad and completely lost it.

The devastators and scouts where great at area denial while the 30 furious charge/fnp marines tore through opponents. Just not sure how this will work against Tyranids and Grey Knights.

I've also been thinking of a mech list I'll put up once I get home.

Finally, the opponenets have been finalized: Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Tyranids, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Necrons.

Gir
03-26-2012, 01:41 AM
1500pt mech:

HQ

Librarian
- Shield Of Sanguinius
- Unleash Rage

Elites

2 Sanguinary Priests

Troops

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Twin-Linked Plasma Gun
-- Lascannon

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

5 Scouts
- Sniper Rifles
- Camo Cloaks

Fast Attack

Baal Predator
- Flamestorm Cannon

Baal Predator
- Flamestorm Cannon
- 2 Heavy Flamers

Baal Predator
- Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

Heavy Support

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Lascannons

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Lascannons

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Heavy Bolters

Comes out at 1505, within the 1% margin, and has 6 predators and 3 razorbacks.

Tynskel
03-26-2012, 06:00 AM
I like your first list. I would just switch the camo cloaks out, and give power weapons to the assault squads.

Your last list doesn't have enough armor 13! Throw some furiosos in there!

Gir
03-28-2012, 03:09 AM
HQ

Librarian
- Shield Of Sanguinius
- Unleash Rage

Elites

Furioso Dreadnought
- Blood Talons
- Heavy Flamer

Troops

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

Fast Attack

Baal Predator
- Flamestorm Cannon

Baal Predator
- Flamestorm Cannon
- 2 Heavy Flamers

Baal Predator
- 2 Heavy Bolters

Heavy Support

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Lascannons

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Lascannons

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Heavy Bolters

Tweaked for 1500pts dead, with more av13!

Jangoo
03-28-2012, 09:16 AM
HQ

Librarian
- Shield Of Sanguinius
- Unleash Rage

Elites

Furioso Dreadnought
- Blood Talons
- Heavy Flamer

Troops

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

5 Assault Marines
- Melta gun
- Razorback
-- Lascannon

Fast Attack

Baal Predator
- Flamestorm Cannon

Baal Predator
- Flamestorm Cannon
- 2 Heavy Flamers

Baal Predator
- 2 Heavy Bolters

Heavy Support

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Lascannons

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Lascannons

Predator
- Autocannon
- 2 Heavy Bolters

Tweaked for 1500pts dead, with more av13!

Looking good so far, but the flamestorm baals are often one hit wonders, killing some and then get charged and destroyed, they are fun tough ;)
Overall you got descent firepower but I dont know about the close capabilities, If the dreadnougth has to work, he wil probably shot before even arriving. Maybe you should upgrade him to a libarian dreadnougth with wings.

Lovecraft
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
I like the original list and run something similar at 1850 points. Stormraven with a Furioso has rarely let me down and I'm always a fan of large assault squads. I've used scouts with cammo-cloaks to hold back objective and they can be next to impossible to dig out without getting over and assaulting them.

Gir
03-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Went with the pred spam. Went up against Blood Angels, Necron and Tyranids, winning overall. Came close in round 2 against necrons though, winning by only 27 victory points.