PDA

View Full Version : Grey Knights at 1500 points.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
03-21-2012, 03:31 AM
Morning all! :).

My Grey Knight list:

HQ
Grand Master: Halberd and Digital weapons.

TROOPS
Strike Squad (10): 9x Force Swords, Hammer and a Psycannon

Terminators (5): 2x Halberds, 2x Force Swords, Daemon Hammer and a Psycannon (Grand Master with this group)

Terminators (7): 3x Halberds, 3x Force Swords, Daemon Hamemr and a Psycannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
Grey Knight Purgation Sqaud (10): 6x Force Swords and 4x Psycannons

"Psyrifle" Dreadnought: Twin Auto-cannons, Psybolts

"Psyrifle" Dreadnought: Twin Auto-cannons, Psybolts

1485 points.

Does this seem viable in a "Meta" but not too competitive enviroment?
Oh and I realise that swapping the Purgation squad with a Purifier squad is of the same cost, but I think Astral Aim might be quite interesting :).

celestialatc
03-21-2012, 07:03 AM
It looks like a solid list. I like how you fit in a purgation squad. Some people are afraid of foot GK lists but they really do maximize your fire power with the stormbolters.

Only thoughts are on the grand master. I am not a fan of the halberd on the Grand Master. Sure you are initiative 7 might seem awesome but you lose the 3++ save in close combat and I think that will be even more useful. And throw rad grenades on him, it makes that unit even harder to beat in CC.

And just remember to keep move the purgation squad up. Unlike normal Devastators who attack from the read, purges are great on front line fire power....or if your opponent is offensive, as defenders with all the shots they put out.

DarkLink
03-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Rad/Psykotroke/Blind grenades are auto-includes on GMs. You should never have a GM that doesn't have them. They're that good.

To put it in perspective, take a single Strike Squad with a Hammer, 2 Psycannons and 7 Swords plus the Grand Master with grenades. Ignoring Psykotroke grenades and casting Hammerhand twice, that unit will almost completely wipe a 10-man Paladin squad with Driago attached on the charge, on average dice.

I'd also combine the Terminators into a 10 man unit and take a Brotherhood banner and stave. You can always combat squad them.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
03-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Thank you DarkLink and celestialatc, I think I will drop the Halberd and take up Rad and Blind Grenades (rounding it to a perfect 1500).

I might try the 10 man Terminator unit with banner, just means I need to buy another lovely terminator kit :').

I will see how this list works out :L.

Silverclaw
03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
It looks like it should work fine it is tough and have exelent firepower and some good CC punch to back it up.

just keep in mind (especially when deploying) that you mostly have medium rnge guns and you are not very mobile, so be carefull not to alow your enemy outmanouver you.

Angelofblades
03-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Not really a fan of having to pay for the Halberd on an I5 model to get I7. I think a Master crafted sword w/ psychostroke grenades at a cheap 195 is a pretty solid choice. 3+ invul in CC along with Psychostroke, makes for a very nasty combination.

Did you put the hammer on your psycannon?

I think the hammers should be put out on their own, you should put halberds on your psycannons instead.

Corvus-Master-of-The-4th
03-24-2012, 02:50 AM
I am not a fan of Psychostroke in general, but I do feel the 3++ is far better than I:7.

I would say Digi Weapons is preferable to Master-Crafter, due to the fact I am more likely going to be facing units like Carnifex's, Tyrants, Daemon Princes and all that sort of jazz... But I will see what seems to be better in game.

How do you mean, did I put the "Hammer on your psycannon?" (I mean, are you being unit or model specific?) :).

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I deploy carefully.

jb50c
03-24-2012, 08:23 AM
I agree you need some more mobility. On a board with little terrain and the wrong deployment, you could get eaten alive in the open.

I'd swap one of the Terminator squads for another an interceptor squad or another strike squad and put them both in rhinos. If you go 2nd you can still give your dreads cover behind them.

DarkLink
03-24-2012, 11:26 AM
How could you not be a fan of psykotroke grenades? For 15pts, you get a 2/3 chance of auto-winning combat. Get a 2, or a 6 against the right enemies, and you might as well literally take a hammer to your opponent's models.

Of course, that right there might be why you're not a fan. But otherwise, always worth it.

celestialatc
03-24-2012, 04:38 PM
How could you not be a fan of psykotroke grenades? For 15pts, you get a 2/3 chance of auto-winning combat. Get a 2, or a 6 against the right enemies, and you might as well literally take a hammer to your opponent's models.

Of course, that right there might be why you're not a fan. But otherwise, always worth it.

There is probably the reason. Psykotroke grenades can ruin a friendly grenade. But if I am in a tournament, I want all the edge I can get. I usually have a Grand Master and Xenos Inquisitor with both grenades. Makes two CC units almost unstoppable.