PDA

View Full Version : Necrons 1850 - Possible Tournament List CC

boestera
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Hello BOLS,

I am thinking about starting up Necrons, I used to play them back in 4th edition, and then again a little bit in 5th before the new codex came out. But I want to give them another try with the new codex. I don't want anything gimmicky, but something I could take to tournaments. Here is the list I came up with, comments and criticims are welcome.

1845/1850pts
HQ:
Overlord - Warscythe, Catacomb Command Barge - 180pts

Royal Court #1 - 185pts
Harb. of Destruction - Eld. Lance, Solar Pulse
Harb. of Destruction - Eld. Lance
Harb. of Despair - Abyssal Staff, VoD

Royal Court #2 - 185pts
Harb. of Destruction - Eld. Lance, Solar Pulse
Harb. of Despair - Abyssal Staff, VoD

Troops:
5x Immortals - Tesla Carbines, Night Scythe - 185pts

Fast Attack:
7x Scarabs - 105pts

Heavy Support:
Annihilation Barge - 90pts

Strategy:
Overlords do their thing, Immortals will be on foot w/ 2 squads having 2x HoDest and the other 2 having 1 HoDest/HoDespair. The idea here is to allow the Night Scythes to go out with the CCB's and AB's providing target saturation and not worry about forces being put into reserves if they are destroyed. The 2 VoD's are there to allow the 2 squads of Immortals who have been hiding to deepstrike late game to contest/claim the opponents objectives. The base of my army is the Overlords, Immortals, AnniBarges, and Royal court for scaling purposes, at 1850 I had 110pts left over so w/o much else to put into I took 7x Scarabs. If you can come up with something better for the points or something that might serve the list better please comment.

Alxmas
03-22-2012, 09:33 AM
It looks really solid. In my games with necrons I've found VoD tricks to be invaluable. I never take an army without at least one now.

And as for the 7 Scarabs I would say keep them. They pair really nice with 2 pulses and with all the internet hype scarabs get they are going to have an inflated value in the opponents target priority hopefully sparing your Night Scythes some Str6 fire.

I would just put them in cover somewhere midfield and threatening and have them draw fire. If they snag a vehicle all the better.

Neb08
03-23-2012, 10:43 AM
I think overall it looks pretty solid. Only thing bothering me which is sort of preference is the 4 smal groups of immortals, I understand you need em for spreading out the teks, but I would consider maybe 1 10 man 2 5 mans to at least have 1 you know wont be wiped very easily. And I agree keep the 7 scarabs, not much of a point sink yet can easily make big plays for such a little cost.

boestera
03-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Taking your comments into consideration here is what I have so far:

HQ:

Royal Court #1: 150pts
Destruction - Eld. Lance, Solar Pulse
Destruction - Eld. Lance
Despair - Abyssal Staff, VoD

Royal Court #2: 150pts
Destruction - Eld. Lance, Solar Pulse
Destruction - Eld. Lance
Despair - Abyssal Staff, VoD

Troops:
10x Immortals - Tesla Carbines, Night Scythe - 270pts

Fast Attack:
10x Scarab Swarms - 150pts

Heavy Support:

I still have 130pts to play with but im not really sure what to put into the list. I guess I could always keep the crypteks and just have 2 of them off on their own...but that leaves them vulnerable. I'm just not sure what to use those points for, because it doesn't seem like I can really get anything useful out of them. If you have any ideas please share, C/C always welcome.