PDA

View Full Version : Deathwing 1700

Deathscythe91
03-21-2012, 11:45 PM
I've never played Dark Angels before but I fell in love with the robes and Icons. That being said my "vanilla" marine army is filled with Robed marines and DA symbols. My first try at a Deathwing list is this:

HQ:

Belia Master of the Deathwingl 130

Terminator Librarian 145

Troops/Elites:

Deathwing Terminator Squad 215
TH/SS

Deathswing Terminator Squad 215
3 Lightning claws 2 TH/SS

Deathwing Terminator Squad 245
Assualt Cannon 4 storm bolters
4 powerfist 1 power sword

Deathwing Terminator Squad 245
Assualt Cannon 4 storm bolters
4 powerfist 1 power sword

Heavy Support :

Land Raider or Land Raider Crusader (I have both) 250

Vindicator 125

Vindicator125

Total: 1695

Any Ideas/ Suggestions?
I'm not sure which LR to take. Crusader lets me take the characters with a squad but the twin linked lascannons help with anti tank. Also I read the codex recently and realized I could have both ranged and Assault weapons in the Deathwing squads. Would it be better to spread the weapons out?

Altin
03-23-2012, 05:05 AM
Every squad of terminators should take a heavy weapon, and every one of them should have at leat one th/ss termie as a ap 1,2 magnet ;).

Deathscythe91
03-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I should be able to fit a Heavy flamer in without having to sacrifice anything. That will give me 3/4 with a heavy weapon. Is the Librarian a good choice? Or should I just use the points elsewhere?

Brother Cruorem
03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Sadly the only good thing about the Lib is his unlimited range hood. All of their powers are crap. I would scrap him for a Interigator-Chaplain or more and better heavy weapons for your termies, like missile launchers.