PDA

View Full Version : Eldar Corsairs 2500 point list

Oelber
03-22-2012, 02:02 AM
The idea behind the list is to present a good number of vehicular threats and be able to combat the transport heavy meta that seems to be so popular everywhere. I know that the Void Sabre on the Prince is sub-par but I guess I just can't resist fluff items.

Corsair Prince- 150
Void Sabre
Shadowfield
Corsair Blade Sworn Retinue x4- 106
Deep Strike
Power Weapon x4
Meltabombs
Corsair Venom- 55
Spirit Stones

Void Dreamer- 90
Witchblade
Gyrinx

Eldar Corsair Squad x10- 161
Flamer
Eldar Missile Launcher x2
Corsair Jet Packs
Felarch

Eldar Corsair Squad x10- 155
Eldar Missile Launcher x2
Corsair Jet Packs
Felarch

Eldar Corsair Squad x5- 90
Shuriken Catapults
Fusion Gun
Shuriken Cannon
Felarch
Fusion Pistol
Corsair Falcon- 195
Eldar Missile Launcher
Holo-field
Spirit Stones

Eldar Corsair Squad x6- 99
Shuriken Catapults
Fusion Gun
Shuriken Cannon
Felarch
Fusion Pistol
Corsair Falcon- 195
Eldar Missile Launcher
Holo-field
Spirit Stones

Eldar Corsair Squad x6- 89
Shuriken Catapults
Fusion Gun
Shuriken Cannon
Felarch
Corsair Falcon- 195
Eldar Missile Launcher
Holo-field
Spirit Stones

Fire Dragons x5- 80
Deep Strike
Wave Serpent- 130
Twin-Linked Eldar Missile Launcher
Spirit Stones

Kabalite Warriors x10- 165
Blaster
Splinter Cannon
Sybarite
Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Splinter Pistol
Agoniser
Raider- 85
Shock-Prow
Splinter Racks
Flickerfield

Corsair Hornet- 85
Scatter Laser x2

Corsair Hornet- 125
Pulse Laser x2

Corsair Warp Hunter- 125
Deep Strike

Corsair Warp Hunter- 125

Chosen
03-23-2012, 01:43 PM
I may be new in this forum, but I'll try my best to help.
For prince and the blade sworn squad, I really don't know how they are when it comes with assault, because they are not that good. With strength 3 attacks, that are terrible against many other assault units. And how are you going to utilize your blade sworns and the prince with the meltabombs? Instead of trying to blow things up in the assault phase, how about blowing things up in the shooting phase? So that way your army then shoot everything at whatever is inside.
Why void dreamer? it doesn't have the reliable psychic powers to help your army in the way. I would rather have farseers.
Having the prince and the void dreamer may be sub-par, but why not instead of have two princes? Having two void strikes with a choice of yours may be awesome (turning on the night fighting rule, twice, etc).
It's nice to have fire dragons and kabalite warriors, but ability of having only one of each is depressing...
I think there may be reliable elites that you have more than one (harlequins, voidstorm squad).
Why take shuriken cannons in your corsair squad? Think about it, you can field two shuriken cannons in your falcon for 15 points. That's 6 strength 6 shots you dispense.
You hornets are gimped with rather unreliable weapons. Having 8 strength 6 shots and 4 strength 8 shots may be nice, but I think we can make them cheaper but efficient. Two shuriken cannons are far enough when fielding hornets.

It may be outrageous , but I think the entire list can be tweaked into something versatile.

Here are the example lists that might intimate you in some way:

HQ
- Cosair Prince (110)
+ shuriken pistol, fusion pistol
- Blade Sworn Retinue (217)
+ 3 blade sworns with shuriken pistol, fusion pistol
+ Falcon with shuriken cannon, shuriken cannon
- Cosair Prince (110)
+ shuriken pistol, fusion pistol
- Blade Sworn Retinue (217)
+ 3 blade sworns with shuriken pistol, fusion pistol

Troops
- Corsair Squad (245)
+ 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw, 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws
+ felarch with fusion pistol, ccw
+ Falcon with eldar missile launcher
- Corsair Squad (245)
+ 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw, 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws
- Corsair Squad (245)
- Corsair Squad (245)
- Corsair Squad (210)
+ 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 4 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws
- Corsair Squad (210)
+ 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 4 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws

Fast Attack
- Hornet Squardron (65)
+ 1 hornet with two shuriken cannons
- Hornet Squardron (65)
- Hornet Squardron (65)

Heavy Support
- Warp Hunter (125)
- Warp Hunter (125)

= 2499

or more assault if you want one:

HQ
- Cosair Prince (112)
+ shuriken catapult, fusion pistol
- Blade Sworn Retinue (193)
+ 2 blade sworns with shuriken pistol, fusion pistol
- Cosair Prince (112)
+ shuriken catapult, fusion pistol
- Blade Sworn Retinue (183)
+ 1 blade sworn with shuriken pistol, fusion pistol, 1 blade sworn with shuriken pistol, ccw

Elite
- Harlequin Troupe (170)
+ 5 harlequins with shuriken pistols, harlequin's kisses
+ Corsair Venom with eldar missile launcher
- Harlequin Troupe (170)
- Harlequin Troupe (170)

Troops
- Corsair Squad (245)
+ 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw. 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws
- Corsair Squad (245)
+ 1 corsair with fusion gun, ccw. 1 corsair with eldar missile launcher, ccw, 2 corsairs with shuriken catapults, ccws
- Corsair Squad (240)
- Corsair Squad (240)
- Corsair Squad (210)
- Corsair Squad (210)

= 2500

Hope this helps.

D'Natagal
03-25-2012, 07:27 PM
@Chosen

In the Corsair squads you cannot have a 1 EML and 2 Shuriken Cannons. The limit is 1 heavy per 5. You could have 1 EML and 1 Shuriken Cannon. Plus you can have the same for fusion gun or flamers. So in a 10 man unit it could have 2 EML, 2 Fusion along with a Felarch with a fusion pistol. I recommend the EML upgrade simply for the flexibility as well as the surprise pinning that sometimes happens. ;)

Chosen
03-26-2012, 03:02 AM
@D'Natagal
Uhhh... I think you misread some words.
Those '2 shuriken cannons' that you stated are actually '2 Shuriken Catapults' in each corsair squads, not 'Shuriken Cannons'.

I massed the Eldar Missile Launchers on almost anything not because to pin down the horde infantries. They are mainly there to krak open the transports and vehicles. For 3" blasts, they are not very effective at hitting the infantries as they can spread within 2" away from each other. That is the reason why I have dual shuriken cannons on those falcons and hornets and the lists containing warp hunters and harlequins. List A has two dual shuriken cannon falcons, three dual shuriken cannon hornets, and two warp hunters to effectively deal with infantry hordes and list B has four dual shuriken cannon falcons and three harlequin units in venoms to deal with infantry hordes.

D'Natagal
03-26-2012, 09:04 PM
I apologize...that is what I get for reading to fast.:eek::o

I am actually using 2 full 10 man squads with jet packs loaded with 2 EML, 2 Fusion and Felarch with PW. Then running 4 5-man units with EML, 4 Lasblasters in Corsair Venom with EML and Stones. It is a rather fun list. I am really liking the Warp Hunters as well as the Hornets.

Chosen
03-27-2012, 01:20 AM
It's nice to have jet pack units and corsair venoms, but there are flaws as well.
Those jet pack corsairs have to get within 6" (3" from fusion pistol) to deliver the deadly meltas against heavy vehicles, that's risky , and even deep striking them, that's way too risky. So might as well just equip your full jet pack corsair squad with EMLs and lasblasters, led by felarch with lasblaster (and flamers if you want extra crispy) to make them the sufficient anti-infantry. Then you move on to your 5 man corsair units on a venom. The lasblasters are considerable idea on an open-topped vehicle, but how about ability to deal with heavy vehicles. So you might as well shift the fusion pistols and fusion guns from your jack pack corsair units into the venom corsairs.
In short, you will have 2 10 men jet pack corsair units with 2 EMLs, 7 Lasblasters (or 6 lasblasters and a flamer or 5 lasblasters and 2 flamers), and a Felarch with lasblaster and CCW (power weapons are pointless because the corsairs are terrible in combat:(, so might as well make them shooty units instead;)) and 4 5 men corsair units with EML, fusion gun, 2 lasblasters, and a Felarch with fusion pistol and ccw on corsair venoms with EMLs and spirit stones. And you still have great amount of fun (by blowing the tanks, infantries, and people off);).
Problem with jet pack units and venoms is that they don't expand well in bigger points. Around 1000 points, it is fun to use them. At 1500 points, you might struggle. At 2000 points, you will lack in tools you need to play. And from there on forward, it simply doesn't function well.
The exposed Cosairs will die miserably to any anti-infantry weapons and literally anything can kill the Venoms. Even if you field two princes to turn on the night fighting rule twice and hornets and warp hunters to boast some fire power, you still lack fire powers and tools to deal with anything and fielding the holo-fields on your vehicles become great point sink.

Take a good look,

In Oelber's 2500 points list, it has:
a void strike,
void dreamer's psychic pwoers,
a flamer,
15 lasblasters,
9 shuriken catapults,
7 TL shuriken catapults,
6 shuriken pistols,
4 shuriken cannons,
2 scatter lasers,
2 fusion pistols,
8 fusion guns,
5 pulse lasers,
a TL EML,
7 EMLs,
a blaster,
a dark lance,
a splinter cannon,
7 splinter rifles,
a splinter pistol,
2 warp cannons,
and CCWs of 9 melta bombs, 4 power weapons, a void sabre, and a witch blade.
Total vehicles (AV front/side): 1 AV10/10 open-topped hull, 1 AV10/10 open-topped hull with shock prow, 1 AV12/12 tank hull with an energy shield, 2 AV11/11 hulls, 3 AV12/12 tank hulls with holo-fields, and 2 AV12/12 tank hulls.

2 melta hunter units (one with melta bombs and other with bombs and fusion guns)
A Kalabite warrior squad to deal with vehicles within long/short range and infantries at point blank
A scatter laser hornet, a shuriken cannon venom, and two warp hunters to deal with infantry
3 Corsairs on falcon to provide meltas or anti-infantry
Two 10 scoring jet pack corsairs provide both EMLs and anti-infantry shots
5 scoring units in total
All the EMLs, the pulse lasers, and the dark lance from falcons, a dual pulse lasers hornet, a raider, a wave serpent, and jet pack corsairs provide a long range support in total of 19 strength 8 shots.

My Example list A contains:
2 void strikes,
12 fusion pistols,
4 fusion guns,
8 shuriken pistols,
16 shuriken catapults,
8 TL shuriken catapults,
10 shuriken cannons,
12 EMLs,
8 pulse lasers,
2 warp cannons.
Total vehicles: 10 AV12/12 tank hulls, 3 AV11/11 hulls.

2 fusion pistols units (short ranged melta hunters)
4 Corsair units in falcon to provide either static EML supports or mobile melta supports
2 Corsair units in falcon to provide EML supports, sit at the objectives, and/or short ranged anti-infantry shots
3 dual shuriken cannons hornets, 2 dual shuriken cannons falcons, and two warp hunters to deal with infantries
6 scoring units in total
All the EMLs and the pulse lasers from falcons and corsair units provide a long range support in total of 28 strength 8 shots.

My Example list B consists:
2 void strikes,
9 fusion pistols,
4 fusion guns,
21 shuriken pistols,
16 shuriken catapults,
7 TL shuriken catapults,
8 shuriken cannons,
13 EMLs,
8 pulse lasers,
and CCWs of 15 KISSES.
Total vehicles: 8 AV12/12 tank hulls, 3 AV10/10 open-topped hulls.

2 fusion pistols units (short ranged melta hunters)
4 Corsair units in falcon to provide either static EML supports or mobile melta supports
2 Corsair units in falcon to provide EML supports, sit at the objectives, and/or short ranged anti-infantry shots
4 dual shuriken cannons falcons and 3 EML venoms, each carrying five harlequins with kisses, deal with infantries
6 scoring units in total
All the EMLs and the pulse lasers from the falcons, venoms, and corsair units provide a long range support in total of 29 strength 8 shots.

Now tell me, how do they distinguish from each other?
Moreover, how do they distinguish from lists from other codices?

p.s. Oh yeah, the list A and B do not have anyone deep striking, ever. Just saying. ;)