PDA

View Full Version : 2k space wolves

Feynmann
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
I have a goofy Logan list I have been working on and I was hoping people had some feed back.

Wolf Guard 5
2x Tda
Assault Cannon
Chain Fist
Combi-Melta
Power Weapon
Storm Bolter
Power Fist
Landraider
Storm Bolter

Wolf Guard 6
5x Bike
Combi-melta
2x Power Fist
Power Weapon
3x Melta-bombs
2x Storm Shield
TDA
Cyclone
Power Fist

Land Speeder
Multimelta
Heavy Flamer

Rune Priest
TDA
Chooser of the Slain

Grey Hunter 10
Meltagun
Flamer
Mark of the Wulfen
Power Fist
Wolf Standard

Grey Hunter 10
2x Flamer
Mark of the Wulfen
Power Weapon

Logan Grimnar

Long Fang 6
2x Lascannon
3x Missile Launcher

Total 1996

Thanks for looking

Fxeni
03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
So it's a bit low on mobility. No rhinos? No Razorbacks? Also, from what I can see, the only long range stuff you have is in the form of 1 squad of long fangs.

You might want to increase your firing resources....

will44
03-22-2012, 01:14 PM
I've only just started, but people keep telling me two squads of long fangs are needed to push your enemy army where you want them to go.

Also, what's the plan with the wolf priest? Is he going to join one of the hunter squads?

It looks to me like the bikes are where you're getting your mobility. Am I right? With just 5 bikes, I bet they get a lot of fire coming their way.

Feynmann
03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
I give the Rune Priest "living lightning" and he goes in one of the hunter squads while the WG with the cyclone goes in the other. This, combined with the land raider and long fangs, lets me fire 4 lascannon, 5 missles, and 1d6 s7 shots down range at up to five targets each turn.

I play my bikes cautiously and usually try to have them hit the enemy lines the same time as Logan and the WG, and the storm shields seem to be a must to get them there.

The list moves slow but has a big footprint.

That and with limited funds for games right now I want to keep any changes to the list light on the 'ol pocket book.