PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on BUilding Necrons 1000 Point "All-Comers" List

herigonz
03-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey all,

So I know that a lot of armies have trouble coming up with a good competitive list at 1000 points with a limit on the more elite units at a point level (while other times you see cheese). It seems that a lot of new players are starting to play the semi-weekly tournaments at a local store and 1000 points seems to be the name of the game (I figure it has more to do with people barely getting started in the hobby).

I've decided to play my Necrons a bit more often and was looking for advice on which way to build. It does seem I play certain armies over and over again. Having said that, I think I want to try a general build rather than any one specific build meant to destroy my opponents (I don't want to be a jerk). Winning isn't everything but it sure feels nice!

Right now this is what I was thinking of:

HQ - Necron Overlord (Warscythe, MSS, Res Orb)
Royal Court - 2x Necron Lords (Warscythe, MSS)
Royal Court - 1x Cryptek (Voltaic Staff, Lightning Field)
Troop - 10x Necron Immortals (Tesla Carbines)
Transport - Night Scythe
Troop - 5x Necron Warriors
Troop - 5x Necron Warriors
Transport - Ghost Ark
Elite - 5x Death Marks
Heavy - Annihiliation Barge (probably all Tesla Weaponry)

It's just my initial list. I am putting a Lord with each Warrior group and probably putting one squad in the Ghost Ark. I'd attach the Cryptek and Overlord to the Immortals in the Night Scythe and push them forward. I'm mostly bringing in Death Marks to deal with MC's potentially (plus I've had gotten great use of them in all the games I've played).

Obviously the Overlord and the Lords are meant to give some sort of counterpunch in CC and help turn the tide using MSS's. I've also had pretty good luck with using a Lightning Field to help hurt would be attackers.

Since I do all ready have one squad of Immortals, I thought about making the 2 Necron Warrior squads into a single larger one, dropping one of the Lords, and simply adding Scarabs in their place. That way I would have a more effective way of munching on tanks when need be. Thoughts?