PDA

View Full Version : Characters grouped w/ units under center of round templates

Dr. Cheesesteak
03-22-2012, 12:37 PM
If a character is under the center hole of a round template, but is in a block of troops, is the character hit directly? Or are the hits of the template still applied to rank and file only?

I remember this came up in a match I had a few months ago, a bystander who knew resolved it for us, but I forgot what he said (I have a terrible memory). It came up again yesterday and we agreed (for argument's sake) the hits did NOT go on the character, despite it being a direct hit on the character from the scatter dice. If memory serves me right, this is right - the hits can still be put on the rank and file, but we couldn't find it anywhere in the BRB. But were we right? Or if a character in a unit is under direct hit, that character is hit?

Thanks

DarkLink
03-22-2012, 04:10 PM
The character is part of the unit. You can't single out an individual model in a unit unless you're a vindicare assassin, you allocate wounds as you would normally do so.

Colonel Bindoff
03-23-2012, 03:45 AM
I believe he is only hit if he fails his "look out sir" roll.

Cherub
03-23-2012, 06:44 AM
The character is part of the unit. You can't single out an individual model in a unit unless you're a vindicare assassin, you allocate wounds as you would normally do so.

That's for 40k in fantasy you can pick chars out

In fantasy you want the rule called "look out sir"
you make a die roll for it and anything but a 1 the hit is passed on to a rank and file model.

blak43
03-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Proper non 40k advice.

Anything hit by a template is hit by the template, whatever models are under it are hit. This being said when a character in a unit with his same unit type (infantry character in an infantry unit, cavalry character in a Cavalry unit.) he gets a "look out sir" roll, you roll a d6 and on any result other then 1 the hit is resolved against a rank and file model of that unit.

And keep in mind this also applies to unit champions.

Dr. Cheesesteak
03-23-2012, 07:47 PM
That sounds right and is actually what I was thinking was the rule, but wasn't 100% sure. Thanks all! (except DarkLink)