View Full Version : Necrons 2K - mech

harveydent
03-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Overlord w/Warscythe
Catacomb Command Barge

Overlord w/Warscythe
Catacomb Command Barge

Royal Court (3)
Cryptek w/Harbinger of Destruction x3 (1 w/Solar Pulse)

Royal Court (3)
Cryptek w/Harbinger of Destruction x3 (1 w/Solar Pulse)

Necron Warriors (5)
Ghost Ark

Necron Warriors (5)
Ghost Ark

Necron Warriors (5)
Ghost Ark

Necron Warriors (5)

Necron Warriors (5)

Canoptek Scarabs (10)

Canoptek Scarabs (10)

Canoptek Scarabs (10)

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

Annihilation Barge

It's a bit of a mecha-skeleton force (no pun intended) that sits back and shoots. A LOT. It's not the greatest for facing Drago-wings, but if you keep your Ghost Arks intact long enough, the Crypteks inside can cause some damage to them. Your main concerns for this army are units with FNP since there are only 6 weapons that have S8 or AP2, but with the ability to tar-pit with your Scarab swarms you should be able to provide some meaningful roadblocks at key points. Eight AV13 vehicles is nothing to sneeze at either.

Nachodragon
03-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Why do you have two warrior squads with nothing in them? Assuming you double up the Destruction on the arks like you should be doing.

Also, I think scarabs have their place but I would not count on them for much. With 3 units of 10 though I hope you could get one to do what you want. I haven't had my scarabs be a tarpit ever, just a frog under a moving tire basically. I would drop 1 unit of scarabs, the two units of warriors and put in another ghost ark with warriors and two more destruction crypteks. Leaves you with 30 points which I would throw in a Tachyon arrow just because.

Four strong troops in AV 13 vehicles and will definitely be able to threaten most anything.

harveydent
03-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Why do you have two warrior squads with nothing in them? Assuming you double up the Destruction on the arks like you should be doing.

Also, I think scarabs have their place but I would not count on them for much. With 3 units of 10 though I hope you could get one to do what you want. I haven't had my scarabs be a tarpit ever, just a frog under a moving tire basically. I would drop 1 unit of scarabs, the two units of warriors and put in another ghost ark with warriors and two more destruction crypteks. Leaves you with 30 points which I would throw in a Tachyon arrow just because.

Four strong troops in AV 13 vehicles and will definitely be able to threaten most anything.

That's an entirely possible modification. I like the max scarabs because I feel that they're really versatile - more versatile than a Ghost Ark - and i like having those basic Warriors lying around because they're a low points commitment scoring unit that can trudge around behind the vehicles, usually out of the scope of the opponent's obvious targets.

I think an even more likely scenario for modification would be the removal of the arks and the addition of more HoD Crypteks (2 for each of 5 units), as well as a C'tan.

Drakkan Vael
03-23-2012, 06:38 AM
To stay with you theme of mechanised Necrons, you might want to use bikes instead of scarabs and a fourth ark with some warriors and crypteks.
You should not take the tachyon arrow as it is basically a waste of points.