PDA

View Full Version : Final list for tournament on saturday 2000 pts Tyranids

trygonprime
03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
I have decided to take this list to a tournament on Saturday. I expect close to 50 people for this one day event, should be fun.

A link to the mission. http://www.facebook.com/notes/games-work....332957550072913

the first are out of the book the third one should be fun.

This list is a reserve/ null deployment style list. I can start on the board as needed.
The Trygons, Ymgarls, and the dooms job is to take out backfield support when the first come in. Even with three long fang squads I should destroy / tie up 2 squads if not all three. After that I turn back up and swallow the opponent between them and the genestealer's. tervagon is a backfield holder. In kill points it will outflank. There is a mix of skill levels at this tournament so mach ups with key.

I would love a rematch with the space wolf player I drew with last two times we played.

Thanks for everyone helping to stream line this list.

All CC are welcome.
== HQ ==
Hive Tyrant (1) - Scything Talons, Lash Whip And Bonesword, Wings, Paroxysm, Leech Essence, Hive Commander

== Elites ==

The Doom Of Malan'tai (1)
Mycetic Spore (1)
Ymgarl Genestealer Brood (7)
Ymgarl Genestealer Brood (7)

== Troops ==

Broodlord (1) - Scything Talons, Toxin Sacs
Genestealer (9) - Toxin Sacs
Genestealer Brood (10) - Toxin Sacs
Genestealer Brood (10) - Toxin Sacs
Termagant Brood (10) - Fleshborer
Tervigon (1) - Cluster Spines, Toxin Sacs, Cat

== Heavy Support ==
Trygon Prime (1) - Containment Spines, AG, Synapse Creature, Shadow In The Warp
Trygon Prime (1) - Containment Spines, AG, Synapse Creature, Shadow In The Warp

== Total ==
2000 pts.

trygonprime
03-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Well i just finished the tournament. I play SM, DA Deathwing, and Tau.
My record was a draw[SM], DA {win}, Tau [Win].

Fun games all. The SM was a capture and control that end with us both with out scoring units by the end. I made a few mistakes like not charging a unit. Dumb move's on my part that cost me the win feel.

The DA i won playing kill points by two points almost tabled him. For some reason he full reserved. I killed him piece meal. He had had one termy and a landraider left on turn 6.

Faced a new tau player that never played vs tyranids. To say the lest it was not a pretty battle. He may start playing tyanids though. lol

I learned a few thing from the games i played. One that’s for most is to always attack with your genestealers. first game i for one or two units. I was kicking my self over that.

Second thing I learn was the tervagon does not fit my list at all. it was dead weight all three games. for the cost i could have had a Trygon and extra stealer.
Toxin sac are so worth there points.

The doom work well. first game lasted tell turn 5. in all the games she did her job.
They flyrant is ok need a gun though.

I think over all the list worked well, paint score killed me for placement but ok as i was just based sprayed on a few units. ( repainting my army)

I placed 18th out 46 with a maxed paint score like normally I would have been in 8th. Not to bad i say.

Thanks every one for the thoughts on my list.

gdmnw
03-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time!

thecactusman17
03-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Looking at the list, I think it looks good but I would have changed out the tervigon for some warriors with shooting options, preferably something very good vs marines. Any extra points, get more of them.