PDA

View Full Version : space marine 1850pt tournament list

Brother Dvorn
03-24-2012, 04:23 AM
I have worked out the core of this list, but need help on the last 460pts worth. I am aiming it to be more focused on shooting to get the job done, in this core, but not sure what to do with the remaining points. Any help appreciated

HQ

Librarian- Nullzone, avenger (perhaps gat of infinity as a replacement to one of these?) 100pts

TROOPS

Tactical Squad- Combi-plasma, plasmagun, and multimelta 190pts
-Rhino 35pts

Tactical Squad- Combi-plasma, plasmagun, and multimelta 190pts
-Rhino 35pts

Tactical Squad-Combi-melta, meltagun, missile launcher 185pts
-Rhino 35pts

FAST ATTACK

Attack bike squadron(2)- 2x multimelta 100pts

Landspeeder- Heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher 90pts

Landspeeder- Heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher 90pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Thunderfire cannon 100pts

Predator- Autocannon, lascannon sponsons 120pts

Predator- Autocannon, lascannon sponsons 120pts

Points remaining: 460

I was considering either:
*10 man tactical terminators, with 2x cyclone missile launchers, or
*5 thunderhammer/stormshield terminators+ Landraider redeemer with extra armour, or
*Sternguard squad and rifleman (2x TL autocannons) dreadnaught/ 1 extra typhoon per squad.

Which would be the best out of these, or are there another, better option that would fit my list better? I am currently leaning towards the sternguard and 2 typhoons

Thanks in advance
Brother Dvorn

joesavestheday
03-24-2012, 10:29 AM
I like the core of the list. It has decent shooting and scoring potential as is. So for the remaining points I would look to add some sort of close combat/counter assault unit since that is what is currently lacking from the list. My question is how do you plan to use the Librarian? If you're taking Gate as one of his powers, putting him with a unit of tactical terminators could work out nicely. Gives you some extra shooting and a bunch of power fists which are always good to have around.

Dwarflord17404
03-24-2012, 10:59 AM
I vote for cc termies w/ character (chaplin or lysander ) in land raider redeemer w/ multi melta to free some points i might drop the thunderfire cannon and combi plasma from the tact squad sgt's

Brother Dvorn
03-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Another idea I had was replacing the predators with vindicators, to better take advantage of nullzone, and to balance putting these in, adding more typhoons or riflmen dreadnaughts, along with a sternguard squad. Thoughts?

I wanted to keep the thunderfire cannon if possible, as it does a reasonable bit of damage, along with being able toremove units from cover, or slow down units such as paladins, before they reach my lines

Sure
03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
I'd say your idea with the Assault Terminators and Land Raider Redemmer is good. You'll need something to deal with CC heavy-hitters. The storm shield and thunder hammers do that nicely. They're tough and powerful. The Land Raider is worth it because you already have a bunch of vehicles in the list. A good rule of thumb with vehicles is either to do a lot of them or none. If you do a few they'll be singled out and quickly relegated. If you take many than some will survive, esp. if you've got a land raider and 2 preds.

blackarmchair
03-27-2012, 09:25 AM
I really like either your Tactical Terminator with a Gate of Infinity Librarian idea OR replacing the vindicators and adding riflemen dreads idea.

Both work well I think and accomplish the same goal in different ways. Great list overall!