PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point Necrons, thematic w/ competitive ambitions

thecactusman17
03-24-2012, 11:15 PM
I am running a thematic Necrons list with a hope that it will be fairly competitive in the long run. It is based around a number of rule interactions with the goal of both representing a themed force while also allowing for a remarkably powerful and resilient grouping of units. the units have not all been purchased, but several have.

Orikan the Diviner
Imhotek the Stormlord
Court:
Lord w/ scythe, scarabs, and weave
Lord with Scythe, scarabs, Weave, Res Orb, and Phase Shifter
Harbinger of eternity w/ Chronometreon
Harbinger of Despair w/ Veil (Deathmarks Unit)
Harbinger of Transmogrification (Warriors)
Harbinger of Transmogrification (Warriors)
Harbinger of Transmogrification (Immortals)

C'Tan w/ Worldscape, Pyreshards
Deathmarks A
Deathmarks B

10 Warriors w/ Ghost Ark
10 Warriors w/ Ghost Ark
10 Immortals

7 Scarabs

1995 of 2000 pts

The small courtstar of Imhotek, the Lords, and Orikan has a particular goal of staying alive in the backfield and hopefully destroying anything foolish enough to get near a vital objective. With most tourney lists in the area running mechanized GK, SW, BA or IG I am hoping that the Lightening and Worldscape will have numerous opportunities to knock out my opponent's most potent threats--I am hoping to force my opponents into a state of deployment denial, placing units into board edge reserve to avoid my worst anti-tank options while rushing forward when they finally do come on, resulting in more immobilized and wrecked results.

There are thematic elements of the lsit that are being considered as well. Orikan, for example, is a non-negotiable unit as his stats and abilities perfectly represent a character in my army. Imhotek, on the other hand, is more negotiable if he can be replaced, as I need a unit that can fire numerous shots around the battlefield. The C'Tan can be replaced, but only by a similarly large and imposing model that is capable of solid, powerful shooting and close combat. A Triarch Stalker was my previous choice.

blackarmchair
03-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't see it working out very well for you, the anti-tank here is atrocious. 7 scarabs, a few rockets from the Crypteks, and Imhotek will do very very little against a razorspam list or an IG mech horde. Even a fast assault list can basically walk through your army since you have no lychguard to puppy guard your shooting.

That said, as a themed list I like it. It has a lot of characterful units with some really interesting rules, I just don't think it's very competitive.