PDA

View Full Version : White Scars [1000 points and above]

Geachinator
03-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Hey,

White Scars are my army of choice when it comes to the Space marines but I don't have a very clear idea of what my army list should look like above 1000 points and even at this level I am not too sure about how well it can handle itself,

Captain -180
Relic Blade, Artificer Armour, Bike

Bike Squad x8 - 300
Melta x2
multi-melta Bike
Power Weapon

Tactical Squad – 205
Rhino

Typhoon -90

Typhoon -90

Scouts x5 - 135
Snipers, Telion, Missile

-1000 Points

I am considering giving my captain a storm shield instead of the artificer armor and removing the power weapon from the bike squad. But with the remaining points I have no idea what to use.

At 1500 Points (and above) I am thinking of adding an extra bike squad, using the khan and adding a bike command squad loaded up with extras.

Be great to see some feedback.

miweq
03-25-2012, 03:06 PM
IMO captain needs stormshield to be relatively save from being killed with power fists :)
I would drop a biker for that stormshield and give Rhino a dozer blade.

Geachinator
03-26-2012, 07:31 AM
With the bike squad if I drop one biker I will lose the ability to combat squad if need be which effectively eliminates one of my 'possible troop choices' which sucks, I might just swap out the artificer armor with a storm shield and see how that works out. I guess I will have to proxy a few games before I find the best loadout for my marines.

The only thing I am worried about is do I have enough anti-tank capacity and enough anti-infantry capacity? running the bike squad and biker captain does mean I am low on model count and the ability to do too much, would it be better to fit out the captain with a more shooting orientated role or give him a stronger support unit for close combat? (On the other hand the bikers are no push overs in combat with their higher toughness and being able to unload their twin-linked bolters and melta weapons before charging in and making a nasty mess of certain foes, such as the IG which I tend to vs)

Any suggestions?

damage
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
At 1000pts Telion seems a bit much. I like a razorback for some extra anti tank. Using a captain on a bike for shooting is a waste of his talents IMHO.
Bikes at the 1000pt level are always going to be difficult. They are a bit tougher, but there is plenty of melta out there and mine often seem to get bogged down in hth (esp w/marines). I hope you post a few battle reps and let us know how you do.

Geachinator
03-27-2012, 02:44 AM
I sure will post a few battle reports when I manage to get play a couple of games with this list but it may be a little while as I am still finishing the construction (about three quarters the way there tho!).