155 Furioso
–Frag Cannon, Ex Armor, Meltagun, Magna Grapple
175 Furioso Librarian
–Wings of Sanguinius, Shield of Sanguinius

Hv Support 710
240 Typhoon Launchers, Ex Armor, Plasma Cannons
240 Typhoon Launchers, Extra Armor, Lascannons
230 Multi-Melta, Assault Cannons, Extra Armor, Locator Beacon

Everyone is armored up. They can also jump outta their storm ravens! The locator Beacon Raven will carry the Tactical Squad and Frag Cannon Furioso.

gdmnw
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
The reclusiarch is a real best in assault but he needs a decent unit to go with him. The way your list is scaled you may find that a Librarian is a better bet so you can get some Shield of Sanguinius action going on while letting rip with a Lance or perhaps some FotD.

I' also a teeny bit puzzled by the tactical squad. I appreciate that they may be there to sit on an objective but why then the plasma pistol?

The Stormraven load outs are a bit unusual, but could work well. It's certainly a lot of points to invest three vehicles, essentially half of your army.

Jangoo
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM
I would drop the tactical squad and get 5 assault marines in a las/plas razorback instead, much more value for points.
A 5 man assault squad with jumpacks isn't really a threat, maybe you should take one 10 man squad and the reclusiarch+ pries attached to it.

Tynskel
03-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I could drop a storm raven, boost an assault sqaud to 10 members. Modify the plasma pistol to a combi-melta, although, I like both. The plasma pistol usual gets a couple of shots, which is why I take them on tac sgts.

I think to make up for the loss in firepower of the Stormraven, I could take 1 a typhoon and 1 multi-melta land speeder.

UltraBlood
03-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Is the tact squad to sit back on objectives? I have recently started playing BA's and have only really ever seen assault squads used rather it be with the jump packs or packed into a razorback.

Tynskel
03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Is the tact squad to sit back on objectives? I have recently started playing BA's and have only really ever seen assault squads used rather it be with the jump packs or packed into a razorback.

That's true, but I like the firepower of a tactical squad. The idea is to have the tactical squad be in a stormraven.
With the locator beacon on the Stormraven, you can have the tac squad and the furioso jump out while the Stormraven moves flat out. The stormraven still gets to blast away with one gun, and the Tactical Squad and furioso get to blast away, as well.

Tynskel
03-25-2012, 06:06 PM
1850/1850

HQ 155
155 Reclusiarch
–Jump Pack

Troops 575
210 Tactical Squad
–10 Marines, Powerfist, Combi-Melta, Meltagun
215 Assault Squad
–10 Marines, Power Weapon, 2 Flamers
150 Assault Squad