Razorback w/ Las plas
~Assault Marine x 5

Razorback w/ Las plas
~Assault Marine x 5

Razorback w/ Assault cannon
~Assault Marine x5 w/ Flamer

Razorback w/ Assault cannon
~Assault Marine x5 w/ Flamer

was thinking about DS the land raider, its armor 14 after all and then just roll the rest across the field in a mech column. i might change out astrorath for another libby, not sure yet. thoughts and comments plox

miweq
03-26-2012, 01:05 PM
I would change 1-2 termies for TH&SS ones.
If you drop Astorath consider giving meltaguns for assault marines and power weapons for priests. Also think about giving DC a power fist - it will be nice if you will need to deal with vehicles or multi-wound models.

blackarmchair
03-27-2012, 09:19 AM
was thinking about DS the land raider, its armor 14 after all and then just roll the rest across the field in a mech column. i might change out astrorath for another libby, not sure yet. thoughts and comments plox

Never EVER deep-strike a land raider...EVER! This is for a few reasons:

1) You're paying a premium to cross the battlefield in safety, if you're just going to deep-strike in then save yourself the 250+ points and just teleport your Terminators in.

2) Mishaps. You have 600+ points riding in a single vehicle, one bad scatter with that MASSIVE Land Raider and poof more than a quarter of your army (and 4 kill points) are GONE.

I like your idea of dropping astorath. I'd trade him for more troops however.

GOOD LUCK!

Wolfshade
03-28-2012, 12:54 AM
I wouldn't run Astorath unless I was going for multiple Death Company

ventus
03-28-2012, 02:24 AM
cool, traded astrorath for more troops (death company) and another libby, gave deathcompany a powerfist and a few more power weapon and made them 8 man instead of 6man

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Unless you really love death company I'd say drop them in favor of assault marines and use the leftover points for some upgrades like some melta goodness for everyone :)

Angelofblades
03-29-2012, 10:07 PM
There's not really a whole lot there for 2k points. You've got a massive bullseye on the Storm raven, and almost no ranged support.

I would pick between the DC storm raven or the LR termies.

There's nothing wrong in deep striking the LR with termies imho. Don't DS 9" close to something dangerous, but next turn, you will be within charge distance.

DS and pop smoke, on average, you should only scatter 7" (average on 2D6).

If you do go with the DC however, I would take Lemartes instead.

I would suggest arming the Sanguinary Priests with power weapons as well.

But you definitely need some more ranged support. A pair of auto/lascannon preds should do it for you.

Give the assault squads melta guns, and power weapon sgts.

Mephiston69
03-30-2012, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Angelofblades;190241].

There's nothing wrong in deep striking the LR with termies imho. Don't DS 9" close to something dangerous, but next turn, you will be within charge distance.

QUOTE]

^^This. Deepstriking a LR and Terminators puts the possibility of a 450+ going poof due to a mishap which will more often that not happen. Maybe run it just for fun but competitively it would be a very bad idea

Brother Cruorem
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
If you really want to DS the LR I would suggest fitting a drop pod w/ a DC Dread and a locator beacon. This will give you a more reliable drop for the LR and give your enemy something else to shoot at rather than your storm raven.

Lovecraft
03-30-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm actually a fan of Astorath. With his ability to force re-rolls on invul saves I'll use him to hunt enemy independent characters, backed up with a few Death Company for ablative wounds and extra attacks. The extra red thirst on other units is just icing on the cake.