PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids vs Tau Empire Video Battle Report

Senger285
03-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi, I haven't posted a bat rep in a while, but have gotten back in the swing of things a bit. So, here is my latest bat rep with my Tyranids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7yMxooeIQ&feature=plcp&context=C4ea9820VDvjVQa1PpcFPHZr6svUTeUeYPW1JGEvm0 n_zTk2neMC8=

Yes I have caught the bug and am enjoying playing my nids. I may even be taking them to adepticon. Also I know about the issue with the camera being to close when the other guy takes the camera, It will not happen again. Comments are always welcome. Thanks.

Jangoo
03-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Interesting paint job on the tau :D

Urza8188
03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
I think both played well and the narration was fairly through. I would have liked to hear what upgrades were used for both teams though. How many points was this? Overall i enjoyed it tho, my two favorite races :).

Tyranid vs tau is pretty rough... heh. Bring flamers next time! :p Oh also why were you afraid to use the jumppacks to get up the mountain turn one? Personally Id rather risk a wound than risk losing shots.

GG WP hope to see more soon.

Inquiring M1nd
03-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Wow! Retro Tyrant Guard, I haven't seen those in ages!

Senger, what do you feel were the MVPs? How much did the double upgrades of Hive Commander and Old Adversary play out for you? I rarely see people take two of those on the same bug.

Senger285
03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Well I really like having the double upgrades on the hive tyrant. I used to only take old adversary and was redoing my list a bit, had the extra points and put it on him. I really like being able to pick a troop to out flank. really makes a difference whether it is the warriors or the hormies. I suggest at least trying it.

MVP of the match, I would give to the venomthrope because he kept the tyrant and several other beasties alive. Genestealers did a great job though. I know I didn't move them after killing the broadsides. I was being nice. They could have easily to the commander team and killed them.

I am not running a Tfex again unless I build a list around or maybe change to the acid spray. For 265 it was not worth it.

Inquiring M1nd
03-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I always wring my hands over which of those two to take (with whatever "The Horror" is called now being an non-factor). They are very different, and I think equally good attributes if you take a strong outflank/deepstrike wing.

How do you find the 6" bubble works for you? I've never gotten more than one squad in it at a time that really needed it, considering that our most prevalent CC upgrade already gives re-rolls. I have tried designing around it with MCs and such, but not gotten a good test sample yet

Senger285
03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I really like have Hormagaunts close by and get them the benefit. That is ace in my opinion. However, a gunned up carnifex was always done well within the bubble, All the benefits of a screamer killer but with the guns of a dakka fex. It also makes the tyrant and his guard awful beastly, at least I think.

I think it is good for my tyrant and then most times it's just nice to have because I try to move the bugs as a swarm.