PDA

View Full Version : What exactly counts as the hull?

Aya
09-20-2009, 01:17 AM
So I played a game today and this topic came up. It's come up before and it always ends up in being some kind of silly argument.

The problem is what counts as the 'hull' of the vehicle in shooting and whether it provides cover or not. Specifically a drop pods fins and shooting at something, say a Dreadnought, hiding behind them. Now, I have found nothing at all in the rules, codex, or FAQ's that would suggest that a drop pod's fins 'don't count' when your firing something hiding behind them.

So I'm curious, what is your opinion on this and where do you get the rules for it?

Court
09-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Things like the petals on the pod or an entire defiler are abit ambigous. As group we just came to the conclusion that the blown hatches are for show only and do not provide cover nor do they hinder movement.

Can't help ya on an actual rule wise clarefication.

Aya
09-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Oh, woops, I meant the fins, the things between the doors, not the doors themselves . Sorry about that.

Xas
09-20-2009, 02:39 AM
we usually play true true los for terms of cover with one amendmend: things which cannot be shot / dont count as target zone (like wings for monsters or banners for tanks or infantry) cannot give an interlocking cover save (meaning you cannot have 2 flying deamon prinzes give each other cover via some wings-asshatery).

so yeah a droppods fins would give cover and block los.
personally I'd ask why not? if you remove the fins there isnt much left of the pod to count as "hull" anyways :)

BloodDemon
09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Things like those fins are signifigant enough to count but if some one started saying you cant shoot because my antenna on my baneblade is blocking LOS then thats a little dumb. The main bulk of a vehicle is the hull.

Aya
09-20-2009, 10:51 AM
That is what I thought. It's a silly arguement that never fails to come up because someone just blew up my dreadnought who should get a cover save because he is hidding behind the fin.

Thanks everybody.