PDA

View Full Version : Does Horus Heresy get better?

gruebot
03-27-2012, 02:36 AM
I bought the Fantasy Flight game Horus Heresy about a year ago. I've been playing 40k for about 20 years and was really psyched about it when I heard it was comming out. However, since having played it, more than a few times, I've found it to be rather slow and some what uneventfull. The card battles are kind of fun, I guess, if your into card games. But there doesn't seem to be much movement or real action. Mostly just a lot of drawing cards and ... well, its a frickin card game! It doesn't even really seem to need the minis or even the board for that matter.
But, we've only ever played the first mission and my gaming group has been very reluctant to revisit it. Should I sell it? The board is wicked cool and the models (aside from the Primarchs) are pretty sweet. But I'm not sure if thats enough to keep me comming back.
What do you think? Do you like this game? And if so, why?
Maybe if it had some dice...

gruebot
03-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Really? No body cares? ... I gues I'll get rid of it then. PM me with an offer if you wanna take this terrible game game off my hands.

Ebon Hand
04-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I've never had a chance to play it myself, but it looks really cool and I think you should at least give it another run before you ditch it. Maybe try a different mission, one that everyone will like?

Denzark
04-03-2012, 03:35 AM
I still have the original GW copy and still get a lot of fun out of it. Don't know what the difference is, but I would sell it at a loss.