PDA

View Full Version : Help on picking a new army

foostoofoo
09-20-2009, 03:35 AM
So I've narrowed it down to just a few, as once I've finished my DeathGuard I want to move on to something else, so the finalists are:

Landspeeder spam army (I am told this can make kids cry with the pain it deals out :))
Lash army
Chaos daemons planet strike army
Tyranid infestation army (for release of the new nids, this army would basically be broodlord lictors and genestealers (the infaltrators))

So I would like to hear from people on what they think and with their choice what they would do and include with this army. Thanks :)

Abominable Plague Marine
09-20-2009, 04:42 AM
I had the same delema when I finished my Death Guard, what next? I had a big think about it and in in the end the choice was pretty easy. I really wanted something a little bit different (eg: not power armour) but wanted something I could reasonably ally with my Death Guard for Apocalypse battles. Ive also wanted to do a Skitarii army since forever, so my Traitor Skitarii were born.

helline9
09-20-2009, 08:40 AM
I'd agree with 'Abominable Plague Marine'; sticking with something that combines with your present army/ies keeps a lot of options open. So deamons, lash... is a chaos landspeeder spam army possable (in the same way of traitor skitarii)?

Chumbalaya
09-20-2009, 09:27 AM
It would be best to figure out what you want from the army first. Do you want a pretty showcase army? Fluff-tastic fluff fest? Tourney winner? Planetstrike/Apoc? Bargain basement cheap? And so on. Then, figure out which if your choices fit best and go with your gut.

I started out with Dark Angels, built them as a casual/fluffy "little bit of everything force" then moved on to Orks with similar results. I picked up IG to be competitive and Daemons for funsies and a cheap army (sprue Daemons go go!)

Tarrandus
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Tyranid Vangaurd lists, as stealer + Lictor heavy armies are usually called, are very difficult armies to play. They have low model count, are fragile for their price, and somewhat predictable. If you're looking for something challenging, they're pretty darn fun, but you won't be near as successful with one of them as something more common :)