PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to badab black wash?

xxvaderxx
03-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Is there any good alternative to the badab black wash?, i tried vallejo and i am a big fan of their products, but the black wash, turns greyish when it pools just a bit.

1crazygamer
03-29-2012, 06:32 AM
Secret Weapon Washes are a great alternative to GW washes in general. They offer two types of black wash: soft body black and heavy body black. They also have a blue black wash I use for dark hair. Hope this helps.

Houghten
03-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Well, there's the forthcoming Nuln Oil, which is basically Badab Black but about 20% better...

artfcllyflvrd
03-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Virtually every paint company has a black ink. You can even make your own by thinning down chaos black.

I'm really not a big fan of badab black. I always feel like I have to go into crevasses multiple times to get a solid black line. Their previous ink was much better about laying down a solid line of color in one pass.

I also hardly every wash surface area with black. Most colors don't get shaded with black, so black inks are more for black lining than washing or glazing, and black lining is exactly where I get frustrated with BB.

Night System
03-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I have tested the new Nuln Oil and it flows so much better than the previous Badab Black, and I did not even realize that was possible.