PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Blood Angels, Thoughts?

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey guys, looking for input on my 1750 pt blood angels list

HQ:
Mephiston
Elites:
Sanguinary Priest
-Jump Pack
Sanguinary Priest
-Jump Pack
Sanguinary Priest (This one rides with the assault marines in the LR Redeemer)
Troops:
10x Assault Marines
-2x Melta
-Power Fist
10x Assault Marines
-2x Melta
-Power Fist
10x Assault Marines (Land Raider Redeemer)
-Power Sword
Land Raider Redeemer
-Multi Melta
Fast Attack:
2x Baal Predators
-Assault Cannon
-Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Heavy Support:
Predator
-Autocannon
-Lascannon Sponsons
Total: 1765 points
Tell me what you think!

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
The baals outflank

Angelofblades
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, your post said 1750, and your 10 pts over. Maybe go back down to the actual points limit you posted for OR bump it up to 1850. The point of sticking to a points limit is to be at or under the set points limit. In other lists, 10 points could mean the difference between having Draigo or not.

As for the list.

Drop the 3rd priest, you don't need 3 at all imho.

The LR needs extra armor, and the priests need power weapons.

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Apologies for not clarifying the situation earlier, this is for my local group and we usually have a 10 to 15 point leeway in our lists jsut for fun, Id never do this outside of my local group of course
And you mean take out the priest in the Land Raider?

Mephiston69
03-29-2012, 04:36 PM
So noone has any feedback?

Angelofblades
03-29-2012, 10:27 PM
You only need one priest to provide coverage for the Jump marines, in all honestly, you can keep the one for the land raider.

You don't really need 2 Baals, 1 is more than sufficient, you do need 2 auto/las preds. The support ranged fire power they provide is invaluable imho.

You should use 1 set of the jump assault marines to give you the ability to take out enemy backfield support armor. I've found that to be one of the greatest uses for such a unit

10 Jump assault marines
2 x MG, sgt w/ PW + Infernus pistol

Keep the unit in reserves and combat squads it when it DoA's in. Drop behind/ beside such units like psyflemen, manticores, auto/las preds, griffons, broadsides, Hammerheads etc. You get the point. Drop in, and melt it. you get 2 vehicles at most when they combat squads, and now, your enemy has to deal with units in his backfield, and the rest of your advancing force. Honestly the only thing that stops that are Warpquake + Coteaz, but what in the GK codex doesn't crap all over the BA codex...

Anyways, I would drop one of the jump priests, but arm the remaining with Power Weapons, I mean, they are WS5!! why waste the WS5!! That means, off the charge they hit on 3's and kill on 3's on MEQ.

your list should end up looking like this:

Mephiston

2 x priests
1JP + PW
1 w/ PW

10 Jump assault marines
PF, 2x MG

10 Jump assault marines
PW + IP, 2 x MG

10 foot assault marines
2 x MG, PW

LRR
MM + EA

Baal Pred
TLAC, HM, Dozer Blade, Search lights

Predator
Autocannon/ Lascannon

Predator
Autocannon/ Lascannon

Since you guys don't really abide by your set points limit, this would be perfect.

Wolfshade
03-30-2012, 01:42 AM
You can drop one power fist and take a power weapon to make you come in on target.
I would agree with Angelofblades with maybe you are taking too many priests. Obviously it depends how your opponent deploys but I tend to keep my assault troops close to each other otherwise they can be a bit strung out surrounded and destroyed. Keeping them together helps avoid this and means the priests FnP bubble can capture both squads.
I would try and keep the twin outflanking Baals as they can cause havoc if they arrive at the back of your opponents battle line.

Mephiston69
03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Ok so my new list would look like this:

Mephiston

Priest w/ PW and JP
Priest w/ PW

10 Assault Marines
PF 2x MG

10 Assault Marines
PW 2x MG

10 Assault Marines (No Jump Packs)
PW 1 MG

Land Raider Redeemer
MM EA

Baal Predator
TLAC, Heavy Bolters

Baal Predator
TLAC, Heavy Bolters

Predator
Auto/Lascannon

This puts me at 1735 pts. Maybe add an infernus pistol or meltagun to a squad?

Mephiston69
03-30-2012, 10:00 AM
I kept the Baals because Wolfshade is correct, they can cause serious damage if they arrive on the right side of the table to both armor and infantry with the TWAC