PDA

View Full Version : 2k Tau becasue nothing better to do

Urza8188
03-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Well there's not enough new posts up anymore to satisfy my 40k needs so i guess I'll post my 2k tau list. I have already run this list several times and i have a decent idea of how it performs and how to play it. I'm not really looking for suggestions on improvements but if you feel it has any obvious weaknesses feel free to let me know. I really like the list and It fits my style pretty well so i don't really plan on changing it. Hope some of you like it.

HQ
Shas-el - Missile/plasma/T-array - hard wired TLock MTracker
2x Bodygaurd - TLFlamer Missile - hard wired MTracker

Shas-el - Missile/plasma/T-array - hard wired TLock MTracker
2x Bodygaurd - TLFlamer Missile - hard wired MTracker

Elite
3x crisis - TLFlamer Missile

6x Stleathsuits - 1leader Markerlight 1M-drone

6x Stleathsuits - 1leader Markerlight 1M-drone

Heavy
1xBroadside leader - TLPlasma Tarray - hard wired MTracker 2xS-drones
2xBroadsides - SMS TLock

1xBroadside leader - TLPlasma Tarray - hard wired MTracker 2xS-drones
2xBroadsides - SMS TLock

Fast
1xPiranha - Fusion TArray

Troop
6x FW - leader Marker

6x FW - leader Marker

10x Kroot

The Plan (for those who are interested)
I try to infiltrate the stealthsuits on the flank of the enemy and tear into the backfield. 32 shots potentially BS4 thanks M-drones is damaging enough that the enemy cant ignore them and they cant be dealt with at long range so they have to really commit to attempts to kill them. If i really need something heavy shot down ASAP or if i cant get range with burst cannons i can opt to use the 4 markers to remove cover saves.The troops are just objective holders and i protect them at all costs. I try to place the marker FWs in LOS of the railgun targets and the rest of the unit behind a wall if possible. The kroot typically outflank and try to grab a far objective.The Piranhas i typically rush 2 straight at the enemy transports and hopefully melta them wide open but in worst case scenario they make a nice little flaming wreck for the enemy to walk over. The third Piranha i reserve for contesting objectives or picking off heavy firepower that my rails cant reach. All of my other heavy firepower i like to keep clumped together in cover with the crisis JSJing out of LOS until the enemys get within rapid fire\flamer range.If i do a good job keeping the suits from getting picked off at range i can really unload a ton of damage on the assaulters between the TLflamers plasma missiles and rails if theyre high armor.In DoW i don't fair as well because the suits cant infiltrate and i have no 1st turn rail shots.

Sorry if thats a bit long I tried for the readers digest but i got a bit carried away :p. This is my 1st time posting a list. Whats everyone think?

GrandReaper
03-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Seems like a fairly straightforward Tau list. I tend to prefer more Kroot to act as a screen for my whole army against getting charged (and cover for all my jump-shoot-jump troops). You could be a little heavy on Broadsides (2 of 2 likely would do), but with Necrons and all their AV13 it might not be so bad.

Urza8188
04-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Idk about all that cause I haven't faced any necron yet :D nut they come in handy vs razor spam

CajunMan
04-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Seems good but I would just take out the Kroot and add more fire warriors there in such low numbers there hardly a speed bump.

GrandReaper
04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Idk about all that cause I haven't faced any necron yet :D nut they come in handy vs razor spam

To each their own. I tend to run a lot more Missile Pods so Razors don't concern me. Longfangs on the other hand....

Urza8188
04-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Seems good but I would just take out the Kroot and add more fire warriors there in such low numbers there hardly a speed bump.

They aren't a speed bump at all they're an objective holder. I mentioned that.