PDA

View Full Version : New to Eldar 1500pt

Alxmas
03-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Hey all so I just made a bulk purchase combined with some trading to get a nice sized Eldar collection. I know their codex isn't as fresh as some others but I love the design aesthetic and think it'll be a really fun army to play. My gaming group plays at 1500 pts and while lists are not 100% optimized there are some pretty good ones out there.

So here is the collection I have to work with

Farseer
3 Warlocks
2 Jetlocks
Autarch
10 Dire Avengers
10 Storm Guardians
10 Guardians
9 Jetbikes
6 Fire Dragons
3 Warwalkers
2 Wraith Lords
Night Spinner
Falcon
2 Wave Serpents

And here is the 1500pt list I'm thinking of running

HQ
Farseer- Doom, Fortune, RoW, Spirit Stones, Singing spear (148)

Elites
5 Fire Dragons (80)
Wave Serpent- Scatter Laser (115)

Troops
10 Dire Avengers- Exarch, Blade Storm, Catapults (152)
Wave Serpent- Scatter,Chin Cannon (125)

6 Jetbikes- 2 Cannons + Warlock, Embolden, Singing Spear (205)

10 Guardians- Scatter Laser (95)

Heavy Support
Wraith Lord- Bright Lance, EML (155)

Wraith Lord- Bright Lance, EML (155)

Night Spinner: (115)

Any help or comments would be great I also have the ability to do some conversions or pick up a unit or two if there is something I'm really lacking.

karandras
04-02-2012, 05:32 AM
That isn't a bad list with what you have to work with mate. It is balanced with a little of everything, but not a lot of any one thing... this can be tough however with Eldar as you will most often see them run either all mechanized, all biked, or all on foot. The key is knowing how to utilize each unit.

Specifically to this list, getting Fortune on your Avatar is key to keeping him alive. This probably means keeping the Farseer in the Wave Serpent with the Dire Avengers close by... You could use the Falcon too and kind of make this your offensive push so to speak... Shield the Avatar from massed Str 4 or 5 fire with the tanks.

Guardians sit back on an objective supported by the Wraithlords and Night Spinner. Use the Jetbikes primarily to threaten objectives late game... It could work!

I would maybe suggest running 3 War Walkers in place of one of the Wraithlords. 3 Walkers with Scatter Laser/Shuriken Cannon combo are only 150 points and put out 21 Str 6 shots. I like to Outflank them and look for rear AV shots or to pick on small support squads like Lootas and Devastators, etc.

Alxmas
04-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I understand the whole all vehicles or all foot thing and it makes sense. I really like the Wraithlord and Warwalker models which seem to fit better into a foot list. What other units mesh well with 2 Wraithlords and 3 warwalkers?

Defenestratus
04-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I understand the whole all vehicles or all foot thing and it makes sense. I really like the Wraithlord and Warwalker models which seem to fit better into a foot list. What other units mesh well with 2 Wraithlords and 3 warwalkers?

Wraithlords are tough with a preponderance of cheap missile launchers and melta weapons negating both their toughness and their 3+ armor save. The only way I've made them work is sitting both in cover (which is tough to find) with Eldrad fortuning them.

I much prefer fireprisms in the heavy support slot but I understand that you don't have any. In this case I'd suggest taking out a WL to put in the dakkawalker squad. Take out the other WL and put in the falcon - stick your dragons in there, and if you can squeeze them in, put the storm guardians with the remaining wave serpent that you bought for the dragons instead of normal guardians.

How about this.
1500 Pts - Eldar Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1496

HQ: Avatar (1#, 155 pts)
. . 1 Avatar, 155 pts

HQ: Farseer (1#, 125 pts)
. . 1 Farseer, 125 pts Runes of Warding Doom Fortune

Elite: Fire Dragons (5#, 80 pts)
. . 5 Fire Dragons, 80 pts

Troops: Dire Avengers (11#, 287 pts)
. . 9 Dire Avengers, 108 pts
. . . . 1 Dire Avenger Exarch, Bladestorm 2 Avenger SC
. . . . 1 Wave Serpent, 135 pts Spirit Stones 10 Shuriken Cannon TL Scatter Lasers

Troops: Guardian Jetbike Squadron (7#, 202 pts)
. . 6 Guardian Jetbike Squadron, 152 pts Shuriken Cannon x2
. . . . 1 Warlock, 50 pts = Embolden 5 Eldar Jetbike

Troops: Storm Guardians (11#, 217 pts)
. . 10 Storm Guardians, 92 pts Fusion Gun x2
. . . . 1 Wave Serpent, 125 pts Spirit Stones TL Scatter Lasers

Heavy Support: Falcon (1#, 185 pts)
. . 1 Falcon, 185 pts Holo-Field Spirit Stones Starcannon

Heavy Support: War Walker Squadron (3#, 120 pts)
. . 1 War Walker Squadron, 0 pts
. . . . 1 War Walker, 40 pts Shuriken Cannon Shuriken Cannon

Heavy Support: Night Spinner (1#, 125 pts)
. . 1 Night Spinner, 125 pts Spirit Stones