PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie, FAQ & Dissembarking

Xas
09-20-2009, 06:12 PM
hey!

I just re-read the imperial guard FAQ and stumble upon something strange with the valk.

Q. How do you treat the Valkyrie base for
gaming? Due to its height it seems that it is
impossible for a Valkyrie to contest an objective,
or for troops to disembark/embark normally.

A. Follow the rules in Measuring Distances in the
Skimmers section in the Warhammer 40,000
rulebook with the following exception: For the
purposes of contesting objectives and
embarking/disembarking from a Valkyrie or
Vendetta, measure to and from the model’s base.
For example, models wishing to embark within a
Valkyrie can do so if at the end of their
movement, all models within the unit are within
2" of the Valkyrie’s base.

I'm wondering. Has GW ****ed up the rules even on their FAQ or is this intentional?

Disembarking from a normal vehicle means you can deploy within 2" of the doors and then move if the vehicle didnt move yet. The above rule seams not to allow that move afterwards.

Or am I reading this wrong?

Jwolf
09-20-2009, 06:21 PM
You're reading it wrong; they have to end 2" from the base to embark, not after disembarking.

Xas
09-20-2009, 07:31 PM
thanks!

embark, disembark. mixed it up.

so if I were crazy enough to use guard in close combat you could charge a hypotetical 2"+1"+6"+6" from the base (disembark, basediameter, move, assoult), right?

BuFFo
09-21-2009, 01:21 AM
thanks!

embark, disembark. mixed it up.

so if I were crazy enough to use guard in close combat you could charge a hypotetical 2"+1"+6"+6" from the base (disembark, basediameter, move, assoult), right?

Yes. This is how any and all infantry squads in any army that has transports do it normally.

imperialsavant
09-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Yes. This is how any and all infantry squads in any army that has transports do it normally.

:confused: I thought the Big Red Rule Book states you cannot assault in the turn you disembark only shoot?
Exception of course is the Land Raider Crusader.

Did I miss a change somewhere?????:rolleyes:

Xas
09-21-2009, 07:36 AM
that is for vehicles that moved. from a stillstanding vehicle you can assoult.

Culven
09-21-2009, 10:43 AM
:confused: I thought the Big Red Rule Book states you cannot assault in the turn you disembark only shoot?
Exception of course is the Land Raider Crusader.
Did I miss a change somewhere?????:rolleyes:
First, re-read the second bullet point under "Disembarking" on page 67. Second, it isn't just the Land Raider Crusader that permits a unit to assault after disembarking if the vehicle had already moved.