PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Iyanden Ghost Army

Garradh
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM
HQ: Yriel
HQ: Eldrad
Troops: 10x Wraithguard, Spiritseer with Enhance
Troops: 10x Wraithguard, Spiritseer with Enhance
Troops: 7x Dire Avengers, Exarch with Power Weapon and Shimmershield, Defend, Bladestorm, Wave Serpent with TL Shuriken Cannons
Heavy: 3 War Walkers with 2x Scatter Lasers
Heavy: Wraithlord with Bright Lance and Wraithsword
Heavy: Wraithlord with Scatter Laser and Wraithsword

I've been playing this list for about four months and love it! Against some armies (IG) I will switch Enhance to Conceal for survivability, but in most situations the +1 WS and I are great for bolstering the Wraithguard. They are insanely effective assault troops when properly backed up by Wraithlords and a few Farseer abilities.

The Dire Avengers serve either as objective grabbers or a swamp for anti-deathstar. Combined with Yriel and Eldrad, I've carved through Draigoball with this anti-deathstar.

Garradh
04-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Tyranids, unsurprisingly, stomped the bejesus out of this list the first time I played against them.

I do feel bad that Eldrad is not exactly fluffy, but he's such a solid character that I can't see myself not playing him.

karandras
04-02-2012, 05:37 AM
No apology neccessary for Eldrad, he is a no brainer. I like the list. Agree on the Enhance point of view, but personally always opt for Conceal myself. This army (and to lesser extent Eldar in general) will catch a lot of people off guard. Of course Dark Eldar would be anathema to this list!!!

Garradh
04-02-2012, 02:14 PM
I haven't had a chance to fight DE yet. Their poison will make a mockery of the big'ns, but rerollable 3+ will go a long way to countering that. I look forward to seeing how it works - a fast, hard-hitting army will be a great challenge!

Garradh
04-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Played full 1850 vs Space Wolves this weekend. It was my introduction to Thunderwolves and it went particularly poorly for me. I made a ton of tactical errors so a lot of the loss was bad playing rather than bad list, and some fortunate die rolls on his part.

I find myself wanting a bit more long-range antitank firepower. I could drop Bladestorm from the Dire Avengers and upgrade all three of my War Walkers to be Scatter Laser/Missile Launcher. On the downside that is costing me a lot of anti-horde firepower. I'm torn. Thoughts?

Cuddy
04-11-2012, 11:36 PM
If I were you I would drop the exarch; in my experience he just isn't worth it for DA and that saves you 57 points. I would drop one war walker and then you could pick up a Fire Prism with those combined points. It would give you some mobile, long ranged anti-tank thats not bad against infantry either. You lose some anti-horde, but no more then you would switching the war walkers to ML/SL anyway.

Defenestratus
04-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Try using all missile launchers on the Walkers. Its amazing what 6 plasma missile templates will do to a horde.

(pinning too!)

Garradh
04-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Cuddly - Can't take four HS choices. The Exarch also exists to give the squad Defend and Shimmershield, the swamp unit I want. If it weren't for that I would have to come up with another swampy unit or just aquiesce that deathstars are going to run rampant all over the board.

I've considered using all MLs on the walkers - I can drop the second Wraithlord's scatter laser to a shuriken cannon to make up the points. It does come at a pretty hefty reduction in anti-Horde and most Horde units ignore pinning, but I might playtest it for grins and giggles.

Defenestratus
04-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Its true that it takes away some anti horde, but it also adds versatility to actually hurt AV13/14 vehicles, plus the ability to put hurting on MC's with the AP3.

I love eldar ML's for the versatility they bring. The scatter lasers fulfill somewhat the same role and I'd definitely take scatter lasers if you're not guiding the walkers.