PDA

View Full Version : 2500 all comers list Necrons for tournament

trygonprime
04-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I have a 2500 point tournament coming up in Seattle on the 28th.

The list it is CC oriented with a decent amount of shooting. I like the different threats the list gives and with some deepstrking to it it packs a lot of punch- counter punch.

List one is with the stormlord.( I am not a big fan of this guy but he lets me get to where I need to be, with the chance of extra damage.) I have a veil for the storm and a warrior unit to bounce around if need be.

Stormlord
D. Lord S.Weave, Mind scarabs, res orb

Harbinger of dispair: veil of darkness
Harbinger of Destruction:
Harbinger of Destruction:
Lord War-scythe , Mscarabs, S weave, res orb

HQ total: 650

7 x Lychguards Sword and Board
8 x Triarch Praetorians

5 x Warrior
9 x Warriors
15x Warriors

5 x Wraiths 2 Whip coils, 2 particle caster
5 x Wraiths 2 Whip coils , 2 particle caster
10 x scarabs
Annihilation Barge Gauss Cannon

Total troops: 1812

Grand Total: 2492
I believe the points are right.

planet psyrum
04-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I like your list. Not a lot of people take the praetorians or lychguard. Actually a lot of peiple will tell you they are too expensive and don't do nearly enough. But I think that with the right matchups, they will do great. My one critique is your amount of troop choices. 3 units is low, especially because your opponents could kill that 5 man unit easily, then you are probably looking at tying for mission objectives. For killpoint missions, you have 13, by my account, and half of them are hard to kill, but they are small. This is not a complete negative, with solar pulses going up every turn, just something to think about it.

My one fix is I would lose some wargear and some scarabs, and add some warriors and spread all of your warriors around 4-5 units, but still keeping one of them larger.

Love annihilation barges

GrandReaper
04-02-2012, 10:03 PM
It's interesting and I would be curious to hear how it fares. The Wraiths and Scarabs will hit hard but are usually toast the next turn. I'm guessing the strategy is to counter the counter with the Lychguard and Praetorians - let us know.

On the nitpicky side, you haven't listed a Crypek with a Veil.

Drakkan Vael
04-03-2012, 01:08 AM
And I don't see solar pulses either.

trygonprime
04-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Oops it post to have a viel i will fix that now. There is not solar pluses as the stormlord take care of it for the first two turns usally for me. fixing now.

trygonprime
04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
I have been taking apart BA and tyranids with this list. I yet to face IG or dark eldar with this list. How do you think this list would stack up vs them?