PDA

View Full Version : My WIP Daemons Army

blackarmchair
04-04-2012, 07:07 AM
So this is my new deamons list on which I've been working for the last few months. I've got most of these models (still need the chariots, the troops, and the hounds).

What does everyone think of the list? I tried to keep it pretty balanced. I know it's a high points list but people in my area like to play at 2500 for some reason.

[HQ]
+ Fateweaver [333]
+ Herald of Tzeentch [140]
- Chariot of Tzeentch, We are Legion, Master of Sorcery, Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos
+ Herald of Tzeentch [140]
- Chariot of Tzeentch, We are Legion, Master of Sorcery, Daemonic Gaze, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos

[Elites]
+ Bloodcrushers of Khorne [280]
- 6x Bloodcrushers; 1x Icon of Chaos, 1x Fury of Khorne, 1x Instrument of Chaos
+ Bloodcrushers of Khorne [280]
- 6x Bloodcrushers; 1x Icon of Chaos, 1x Fury of Khorne, 1x Instrument of Chaos
+ Flamers of Tzeentch [210]
- 6x Flamers of Tzeentch

[Troops]
+ Plaguebearers of Nurgle [100]
- 5x Plaguebearers; 1x Icon of Chaos
+ Plaguebearers of Nurgle [100]
- 5x Plaguebearers; 1x Icon of Chaos
+ Plaguebearers of Nurgle [75]
- 5x Plaguebearers
+ Plaguebearers of Nurgle [75]
- 5x Plaguebearers

[Fast Attack]
+ Flesh Hounds of Khorne [255]
- 1x Karnak, 13x Hounds; 1x Fury of Khorne

[Heavy Support]
+ Daemon Prince of Tzeentch [170]
- Iron Hide, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch

Total: 2500

MattHoell
04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
My only advice would be to drop Ironhide the on DPs. They have a 4+ invul they don't really need the 3+ armor. Your army doesn't have a lot of mobility, I would give the DPs wings instead.

blackarmchair
04-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Hrm. The wings I can see, not sure where I'd find the 180pts to get three sets of wings but I like the idea. As per the Iron Hide, my DPs barely seem to survive in the games I've played so far. How do I keep them alive if they become 16% less durable?

MattHoell
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
How many points are you paying to be 16% more durable??

Chexmix282
04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
It's 30 points for Ironhide, I believe. And the 16% is quite a bit more when you factor in Fateweaver's re-roll.

I feel like the Flamers stick out a bit... IMO, you would be better of with another unit of Bloodcrushers to maximize the amount of 3+ saves Fateweaver lets you re-roll. If you dropped Breath on the Heralds and rending on the other Crushers you should have enough points for the swap (don;t have my codex in front of me).

MattHoell
04-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Rending on the BC is there for wound allocation. I believe that fateweaver allows you to reroll all saves.

Chexmix282
04-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah Fateweaver allows you to re-roll all saves, but a re-roll on a 3 is more useful than on a 4+ is what I was saying.

I don't think wound allocation is that essential on a 6-man unit, but that's just my opinion.