PDA

View Full Version : monstrous cav toughness

gredert
04-05-2012, 07:39 PM
So the new Demigryphs are T4, riders T3. When attacked do you test against the mount or riders Toughness? I know you use the wounds on the mount, so I assume T as well. Am I correct?

gredert
04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
k, fixed this, was distracted when I wrote this earlier, so now it makes sense. I dont have ny book atm so anyone that can answer this question, it will be much appreciated.

cerebros
04-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Rider's toughness.

Wildeybeast
04-06-2012, 09:05 AM
They are exactly the same as normal cavalry in that the riders T is used (which is a bit rubbish) although you do use the mounts wounds. P82-83

Archon Charybdis
04-06-2012, 09:10 AM
They are exactly the same as normal cavalry in that the riders T is used (which is a bit rubbish) although you do use the mounts wounds. P82-83

You actually use the higher of the two W values, though that's usually going to be the mount.

Wildeybeast
04-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Indeed, I meant you use the mounts in this case as Demi-Gryphs have 3 wounds, but probably should have made that clear!

meltedwing
05-28-2012, 03:53 PM

This is absolutely correct, and I agree... it's total rubbish. Especially when you're talking about monsterous cavalry riding down some infantry. They probably only have access to the mount, and not the rider. Which makes it especially stupid when you see a "heavily armored" (magically, physically or otherwise) rider on a bare naked mount and somehow all those arrows, pikes, swords, daggers, sticks and flame weapons manage to completely avoid the mount and only affect the rider. This is especially retarded when you look at mounts like Bretonnian Pegasus Knights (which should frickin have barding).