PDA

View Full Version : Crusade themed Empire project

Kieranator K82
09-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi all.

I decided to move into the world of Warhammer Fantasy, and have come up with a certain project.

Don't discriminate against me. Yes I am a Christian. Yes that has influenced me to start this project. But, its for a good enough cause.

I've written up my first 2250pt army. I'll post it here when I have time.

The overall background idea is that another religion has been born in the Empire, this one embarking on a Holy Crusade to the lands of the north. Recruiting soldiers from the many regions on the way, the Heiliger Kreuzzug (that's German by the way) plans to deliver a big blow to the evil forces of Chaos.

As you can imagine, there are a few priests in the army, led by Volkmar, renamed as Reinier the Righteous.

More details to come.
Adios.

Randroid
09-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Doesn't sounds too far from the clan of Ulric - look into Middenheim and Ulric for some list ideas.

Faultie
09-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Doesn't sounds too far from the clan of Ulric - look into Middenheim and Ulric for some list ideas.

I'd suggest this being a good idea too. Check out Warhammer Chronicles 2004 and check out the Cult of Ulric Army.

Aldramelech
09-22-2009, 12:41 AM
For Inspiration check out the historical records of the first crusade, you might find 'Peter the hermit' interesting.

Kieranator K82
09-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the assist, guys. Appreciate it. :cool:

I'm not yet final on the names of these people yet but that doesn't matter right now. As you know, the Empire in Warhammer is based on the Holy Roman Empire, and as such Germanic terms and language would be commonplace.

Just a heads up, 'Hohepriester' means 'High Priest', and likewise Kriegerpriester is 'Warrior Priest.' A kampfgruppe is a battle group, the below are numbered ein and zwei, or one and two. In the kampfgruppe, the first unit is the parent, and any subsequent squads are detachments.

Another note is that final points values are in bold because formatting is somewhat difficult here...

My first ever Warhammer Fantasy army list: enjoy!

EDIT: List 2.0 after some local advisory changes:

Lord

Pieter the Hermit (Grand Theogonist Volkmar) 360

Heroes

Hohepriester Mikhail von Hetze (Luthor Huss) 180

Kriegerpriester Markus Bismarck, 90pts + options 131
- Shield + 2pts
- Heavy Armour + 4pts
- Biting Blade + 5pts
- Van Horstmann's Speculum + 35pts
Kapitan Erwin von Trier, 50pts + options 111
- Full Plate Armour and Shield + 10pts
- Pistol + 6pts
- Sword of Sigismund + 45 pts

Core Units

Kampfgruppe Einer 245
20 Swordsmen, 120pts + options
- Full Command group + 25pts
10 Halberdiers
10 Halberdiers

Kampfgruppe Zwei 300
20 Spearmen, 100pts + options
- Full Command group + 20pts
- Shields + 20pts
10 Handgunners
10 Handgunners

10 Crossbowmen 80

8 Teutonic Knights (Knightly Orders), 184pts + options 264
- Full Command group + 30pts
- Banner of the Daemonslayer + 50pts
20 Religious Fanatics (Flagellants), 200pts + options 210
- Prophet of Doom + 10pts

Special Units

9 Dismounted Teutons (Greatswords), 90pts + options 120
- Full Command group + 30pts

Great Cannon 100

5 Pistoliers, 90pts + options 114
- Outrider with Repeater Pistol + 17pts
- Musician + 7pts

Rare Units

Helblaster Volley Gun 110

TOTAL 2245

Thoughts, opinions and improvements welcome! :D

Aldramelech
09-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Looks good.

Not sure about the use of Kampfgruppe, its a word that didnt get used until WW1. Have a look at the Landsnechts (Medieval german mercenarys) They had great names like 'The Black Band'.

JuiceSpringsteen!
09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Aggh! Peter the Hermit was a Frenchman, not a German! Thats okay though, he's got a War Altar, I won't mess with him. On the naming of units, I'd call em Kreuzritters (pretty sure thats crusaders, correct me if im wrong). This is a pretty cool idea, I like the idea of a Northern crusade army, since those real world crusades really haven't been emulated in the Warhammer fluff like the crusades to the Holy Lands.

Kieranator K82
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Okay cool. Now I'm thinking about colours for the state troops. I'm trying to decide whether to mix the colours of different cities and regions, to show that men from multiple states are part of the crusade, or to come up with a new scheme for them.

JuiceSpringsteen!
09-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Do a multitude of provinces and states, but tie them all together with similarly colored scarves and feathers and a red cross (or hammer, for sigmar) somwhere sown onto the uniform. The real crusaders had no uniform, just thier normal equipment with the red cross sown on.

Kieranator K82
09-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah I was already thinking of crafting crucifix pendants for the Teutons and fanatics to tie them to the theme. I think that's a good idea JuiceSpringsteen!, I just may do that...