PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated transport?

mercer
09-21-2009, 03:54 AM
I want to take a ork trukk for another unit which has no transport option, I presume if I take this trukk it comes a troop choice as its not a dedicated transport and I can still take it for the lootas even though they have no transport option?

BuFFo
09-21-2009, 05:16 AM
You take your boyz and their trukk, which IS a dedicated transport, and deploy them separately.

Then, deploy your lootas next to the Trukk.

Turn 1, embark your Lootas into the Trukk and have fun.

krispy
09-21-2009, 05:42 AM
i thought that Dedicated Transports (i.e. in this example the Trukk) were only usable by the unit they were purchased for..... dont have my rulebook here though to verify.

Exitus Acta Probat
09-21-2009, 05:53 AM
K:
Buffo has it in one.
You may only 'deploy' into your own dedicated t-port. Once the game starts, all bets are off.
What you are talking about is last edition.

OP:You want a battle-wagon for the Lootas though, trukk's too vulnerable.

mercer
09-21-2009, 07:05 AM
What I want to do is buy a trukk for the Lootas and that is there transport for the game. But, they don't have dedicated transport, so can I still take a trukk and it will be a troops choice and take one slot. I checked the rules for dedicated transport and it just says if you take a dedicated transport it doesn't take a slot.

I haven't got enough points or free slots for a battlewagon or else I would :(

40kGamer
09-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Here is where I am confused.

Say you pay the points for something that has a transport capacity - a Valkyrie or Landspeeder Storm, and you have a unit of guys - IG Vets or Scouts, and you leave both of them in reserve. Can the unit of guys be embarked on the transport while in reserve and enter the game embarked even though it is not a dedicated transport option? :confused:

sorienor
09-21-2009, 08:05 AM
What I want to do is buy a trukk for the Lootas and that is there transport for the game. But, they don't have dedicated transport, so can I still take a trukk and it will be a troops choice and take one slot. I checked the rules for dedicated transport and it just says if you take a dedicated transport it doesn't take a slot.

I haven't got enough points or free slots for a battlewagon or else I would :(

No. You MUST buy both the unit and the trukk together, you can not buy a dedicated transport by itself. The only units that can purchase a trukk are boys, nobs and meganobz. Also, you can't buy the trukk for boys at all if the mob is more then 12 models, or for meganobz if the unit is more then 6 models.

Once the game begins any unit can ride inside the transport (but not deploy, as stated above).

sorienor
09-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Here is where I am confused.

Say you pay the points for something that has a transport capacity - a Valkyrie or Landspeeder Storm, and you have a unit of guys - IG Vets or Scouts, and you leave both of them in reserve. Can the unit of guys be embarked on the transport while in reserve and enter the game embarked even though it is not a dedicated transport option? :confused:

Yes, because the reserve rules specifically allow this.

40kGamer
09-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks Soriener! I missed that in the reserves section! That makes them MUCH better choices! :D

mercer
09-21-2009, 09:52 AM
No. You MUST buy both the unit and the trukk together, you can not buy a dedicated transport by itself. The only units that can purchase a trukk are boys, nobs and meganobz. Also, you can't buy the trukk for boys at all if the mob is more then 12 models, or for meganobz if the unit is more then 6 models.

Once the game begins any unit can ride inside the transport (but not deploy, as stated above).

Hmmmm bummer, my only Ork unit on foot is 20 strong and cannot fit in a trukk and I'm out of heavy support slots. Damn this sucks balls!

BuFFo
09-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Hmmmm bummer, my only Ork unit on foot is 20 strong and cannot fit in a trukk and I'm out of heavy support slots. Damn this sucks balls!

I dont think you are understanding anything any of us is saying you can do.

You can STILL get your trukk regardless of the number of orks in your unit.

Dude, just read my post, which is the second one in this thread, and that is ALL you need to know.

K.I.S.S.

Nabterayl
09-21-2009, 12:53 PM
No, you can't. Boyz mobs can only take trukks as dedicated transports if they number 12 models or fewer (ork codex p. 100). There are only three ways to get a trukk in the ork codex:
As a DT for a boyz mob of 12 models or less.
As a DT for a nobz mob not mounted on warbikes.
As a DT for a meganobz mob of 6 models or less.

BuFFo
09-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the correction.

mercer
09-22-2009, 05:22 AM
I dont think you are understanding anything any of us is saying you can do.

Dude, just read my post, which is the second one in this thread, and that is ALL you need to know.

K.I.S.S.

Thats not going to work, as I mentioned in my last post my mob is 20 strong.

I guess a unit of lootas on foot within 6" of the big mek will have to do. Will take fire though :(

TSINI
09-22-2009, 05:32 AM
i'm not too familiar with the ork codex, but couldnt you split your large mob into 2 smaller squads, buy one a dedicated trukk, and then park that next to the lootas on turn 1, for them to embark on and speed off in a shiny new trukk.

so basically split your large mob to gain the trukk

mercer
09-22-2009, 06:44 AM
I could do, and that would give me two smaller units of 10 each and then buy the trukk for one unit and just keep the other two close together.

BuFFo
09-24-2009, 11:46 AM
I could do, and that would give me two smaller units of 10 each and then buy the trukk for one unit and just keep the other two close together.

Glad I could help!

StrikerFox
09-25-2009, 10:58 PM

you could do that, and you could also get another nob with a PK for that... or just 10 extra boys to pick daisys..

in anycase, wherever you put your lootas, they WILL take fire, and to me, they are the most cheapest fire magnets...

usually i have my 2x5 man lootas and a big mek with SAG camping in the back field... i usually have a turn or two of my enemy shooting at them instead of my battlewagons... XD

TSINI
09-30-2009, 03:57 AM
Glad I could help!

Stealing my thunder there Buffo! lol

it was clearly my "Splitting the mob in two" plan that helped :P