PDA

View Full Version : First real attempt at a competitive Ork list - 2000

wiles01
04-08-2012, 12:39 AM
What are thoughts on this list:

2000 point Ork squad

HQ: Ghazghkull Thraka - 225 - (rides with Meganobz in Battle Wagon)

HQ: Big Mek - 105 - (rides with Nobz in Trukk)
'Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Cybork Body, KFF

Troops: Nobz - 410 - Painboy - Orderly - 7 Nobz - 4 Skorchas, 2 PK, 1 Waaagh Banner (Trukk)
Trukk has Armor Plates, Red Paint, Ram

Troops: 2 squads of 12 Slugga Boyz - 162ea. - Nob has Boss Pole and PK
Trukk has Armor Plats and Red Paint

Elite: Meganobz - 330 - 5 MaNz - 3 Skorchas (Battle Wagon)
Battlewagon has Armor Plates, Red Paint, Ram, Big Shoota

Elite: 2 squads of 6 Lootas - 90ea - Keep them tactically small to split fire on transports. Enemy should have other more important targets to worry about.

Fast Attack: 1 squad of 3 Deffkoptas - 135 - TL RL

Heavy Support: Looted Wagon w/ Boom gun - 140 pts. Has Ard Case, Big Shoota, Armor Plates, REd Paint, Reinforced Ram

Heavy Support: 1 squad of 3 Killer Kans - 150 - RL

Comes out to 1999

So, 1 Battlewagon, 3 Trukks, a Looted Wagon, 3 Rokkit Kans and 3 Deffkoptas for vehicles.

The Battlewagon and Big Mek Trukk in the center flanked by the other vehicles to gain the KFF save.
Boom Gun in the middle with a fire lane for a bit of anti armor dakka.

Deffkoptas rush on the enemy's flank to attempt some Tank hunting at the start.

Loota's set up for good cover fire lanes to take out transports/light vehicles.

Kans set up on opposite end of the Deffkoptas for some anti-vehicle duty as well.

Comments, criticism?

The Plumber
04-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Everything looks pretty tight mate, exept for the looted wagon. Don't know why but I seem to have really bad luck with them so It might just be my preference, but cant help thinking you could almost get another three cans for that if you can find 10 points, or a blob squad of boyz to babysit an objective.

Also bear in mind that a 2000 point game is rather large to only have two scoring units. Afterall, 5th ed is all about objectives.

Just my thoughts but otherwise a solid looking list!!!

Cuddy
04-14-2012, 03:11 AM
Pretty solid. If I were you I'd drop the looted wagon, same as him, I've never seen it really preform. I'd take those points and upgrade the Nob trukk to another battlewagon w/deff rolla. Its a lot harder, a lot killier, and actually will make it to your opponent. Otherwise, with the nobz being a priority, AV 10 will get cracked really easily. I'd also give a deff rolla to your existing battlewagon, they're awesome for anti-tank, especially Land Raiders and the linke, while also being good against everything else. :)

One final thing, why not split up your deff koptas? You aren't using the Fast Attack slots anyway, and it lets them split fire/not be wiped out by one shooty unit in one turn.