PDA

View Full Version : Any Rumours re Dark Angels mega Bastion?

imperialsavant
09-21-2009, 05:19 AM
:rolleyes: G'day All! Are there any Rumours around re a release date for the Dark Angels "mega" Bastion shown in the Planetstrike Rule Book?
Would make a nice Christmas present!

Dosadi
09-21-2009, 06:43 AM
I spoke with one of the studio guys at Games Day Canada about the bastion. The one in the book is made from resin masters and there is no plan as of yet to release a plastic version. However, he did say that they guy who built it and designs much of the studio terrain made it in such a way that it could be tooled for an injection mold (ie. It comes apart in logical parts). So there is always a possibility. I would think it would depend on how well the other terrain sells and if the cost vs. profit of producing the thing being in their favor. It would be a “big” kit like the baneblade and stompa if they did make it and there is only so much in their budgets for such things.

Dosadi

ammobunkerdean
09-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Erm...

Has anyone heard anything about the Indomitable fortresses on pages 20 and 21 being a GW/FW kit or a scratch build? There seems to be a lot of repeated panels with lots of detail used in its construction. But on the other side I would have thought there would have been some rumour's about a terrain kit this big, and as far as i know there's not been a peep.
Peep:

Originally Posted by Bregalad
Here some extract from the GD France pics and rumours (pics posted by Scryer in the Darkness, rumours by Brusilov):
(...)
4.) Another bunker kit will come that is more Gothic in style (new info!)
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7tzEh6mdOp8/Se...0/100_3689.jpg
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_7tzEh6mdOp8/Se...0/100_3688.jpg (upper left)
It's basically a three-part citadel (see bird view in first pic, big picture incomplete!). Possibly accompanied by fluff, that it is the standard Dark Angels bunker template on many worlds.(...)
Peep:

Here a quote especially for you, Dude:

Originally Posted by Brusilov
I had a long chat with Mr Phil Kelly (thanks for your kindness and patience Phil), here are things I can remember on top of my head :
(...)
- there is a massive fortress somewhere in the book (don't know if there is a pic somewhere) with a Dark Angels theme. From what I understood, it's coming in plastic too! It's basically a three-part citadel...
There is even a bit of background about explaining IIRC that this is the standard template for fortresses built by the Dark Angels on many worlds etc ...
The small pic on the far right is a missile silo, probably included in the fortress itself.
And here the bigger sized pic lnk for the first post:
http://s702.photobucket.com/albums/w...ke100_3689.jpg

Be aware that the main pic is incomplete (due to quarter hidden page), as seen in the small footprint pic upper left.

My guess, the missile silo is in the floor of the right part of the citadel, below the round black/white circle (footprint pic).

BTW, the tower would also make a nice Fantasy monument
Peep:

Originally Posted by zetaplus
Dark angels fortress is fully kit, if you look at the bottom of the "statues" on the tower the ksulls are arranged EXACTLY the same on both panels. CANNOT WAIT FOR PLANETSTRIKE
Peep:

Still, Phil Kelly said something about it, and he is something like a "platinum shirt"
And why write background story that this fortress can be seen everywhere? I would be VERY dissapointed, if this kit would not be released.

Anyway, here is my simple attempt to restore the original look of the DA fortress by combining the two known pics into one:

Edit: Added a cut out pic of the bastion.
peep peep peep peep

From Games Day thread:

Concerning the Dark Angels Fortress :

I was flipping through the book and came across it.
My first reaction was to stare blankly at it and then to turn to Phil Kelly and ask him if this is scratchbuilt or if this is going to be released as a kit?
Phil answered this is a plastic kit.

Considering that there is a map explaining that in gaming terms the fortress is divided into three parts, I would tend to think that this thing is indeed going to be released and is not scratchbuilt.

After all, didn't GW release fortress walls for Warhammer? So why not this?

I claim no responsibility for the above and I hope it comes out too but get your salt out....

Brass Scorpion
09-25-2009, 08:47 AM
My conversation with HQ/studio contacts indicates that the model in question will be released, but as you know, a release date has not been announced. Originally I heard it might be out some time shortly after Space Wolves, but that was back in the summer and it looks like things may have changed. Like the Plastic Daemon Prince and a lot of other kits, we know it exists, we just don't know when they'll release it for sale.

Watching Paint Dry
09-25-2009, 10:40 AM
If this is a plastic kit that will be released, wouldn't it make sense to release it with the new dark angels codex (whenever that is)?

Prodigalson
09-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Let's hope not. It's probably going to be at least 4 years before dark angels get a new codex.

Logan
09-25-2009, 05:37 PM
GW design studio has all the releases prepped for the next three years, models, codices, the works.
I know that as a fact, not a second hand rumour.
Everything you hear about last tweaks being done and so on is bs and market manipulation.
I like the product but hate the business.
This is a kit, it will be available (some day, probably when sales of other terrain starts to slacken), and it will probably be a "limited" edition like Space Hulk is/ was just to make sure we all buy it on the run up to Xmas/ just after New Year/ or which ever other slow market period GW thinks it needs to cover over to improve it's investment portfolio with stockholders. Though it will get a rerelease, as I am sure Space Hulk will when sales need the next shot in the arm.
The sad fact is you and I do not count at all in the decisions made by GW as to what is released when, it is all about the investment portfolio.

Rhellion
10-08-2009, 07:02 PM
We're playin a Planetstrike League now, and I doubt it would be out anytime near the end of the league, but I'm definitely interested in getting one and modeling it for my Ultras.

imperialsavant
10-08-2009, 08:03 PM
We're playin a Planetstrike League now, and I doubt it would be out anytime near the end of the league, but I'm definitely interested in getting one and modeling it for my Ultras.

:) Check out the thread "Dark angels Fortress" in this section of the Lounge. Seem nearly 100% it will feature in the GW Christmas Catalogue.