PDA

View Full Version : New Emperors Children list - 2,000 points

mercer
09-21-2009, 09:49 AM
I think I've got this sussed now, and after seeing Redbeards awesome Emperors CHildren army in the articles I think I've made my mind up.

HQ

1 x Sorcerer - warptime, mark of tzeentch, terminator armour & combi weapon.

1 x Greater Daemon

Elite

5 x Chaos Terminators - mark of tzeentch, chain fist, 1 x heavy flamer & 3 x combi weapons

5 x Chaos Terminators - mark of tzeentch & chain fist

Troops

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino - 2 x meltaguns & icon of chaos - champion w/ power weapon

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino - 2 x meltaguns & icon of chaos - champion w/ power weapon

10 x Chaos Marines w/ Rhino - 2 x flamers & icon of chaos

9 x Lesser Daemons

9 x Lesser Daemons

Heavy Support

1 x Chaos Predator - autocannon & heavy bolters

1 x Chaos Vindicator

1 x Chaos Vindicator

Plan would have the sorcerer and chaos terminators deep striking in when I call for them. Sorcerer goes with vanilla chaos terminators, while the others with the chain fist can take on tougher enemies or vehicles.

Chaos Marines move forward melta and burn stuff. I would take slaanesh icons, but not enough points and I want my daemons to come onto the table depending on what unit needs the support mostly. One champion is naked ready to call the greater daemon :) .

Dakka pred supports one of the rhinos, probably the one with the flamer marines while the vindicators troop forward and blow **** up.

I'm wanting to keep a daemonic feel to this, so I want to keep the greater and lesser daemons. I've used lesser daemons before, they was ok, but hopefully with dual lesser daemon threats should be ok, plus I want those daemonette models :P

Ghoulio
09-21-2009, 01:01 PM
The list you have there is pretty decent for a standard Chaos list. The big question I have (and I am sure everyone else who reads it) is...why are you calling it Emperor's Children? Not only are there no noise marines in the entire army there isnt a single model in the army with a mark of slaanesh. If you called this a "Thousand Suns" army you would be way closer to the mark, although there are probably some tiny changes here and there you could add to make it more "fluffy".

Chumbalaya
09-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I'm sure they'll be painted up as ECs using the magic of counts as, at least until an acceptable Chaos Codex comes around.

Looks like fun, no Noise Marines makes me a sad panda, but I'll live.

More combis in the Termies and Winds of Chaos on your Sorc would be handy, you could easily drop the champions.

mercer
09-22-2009, 05:20 AM
The list you have there is pretty decent for a standard Chaos list. The big question I have (and I am sure everyone else who reads it) is...why are you calling it Emperor's Children? Not only are there no noise marines in the entire army there isnt a single model in the army with a mark of slaanesh. If you called this a "Thousand Suns" army you would be way closer to the mark, although there are probably some tiny changes here and there you could add to make it more "fluffy".

Why do I have to have mark of slaanesh just to make it "fluffy" when there are better marks out their for what I need. Does it matter? No, it doesn't, as long as they look like Emperors Children.

I'm sure they'll be painted up as ECs using the magic of counts as, at least until an acceptable Chaos Codex comes around.

Looks like fun, no Noise Marines makes me a sad panda, but I'll live.

More combis in the Termies and Winds of Chaos on your Sorc would be handy, you could easily drop the champions.

You've hit the nail on the head twice over in your first sentence ;)

I did think Noise Marines, but too expensive and I want plenty of daemons :D

I'm going to split the combis to each terminator unit gets two, I would like four buts its not happening :( . I like the champions and I need the naked one for the greater daemon to come on :cool: