Veteran Squad (10) - Hvy Flamer, MeltaGunsx2 110

FAST ATTACK
Vendetta Squadron (3) - 3 x TL Lascannons 390
Vendetta Squadron (2) - 3 x TL Lascannons 260
Vendetta Squadron (2) - 3 x TL Lascannons 260

Total Points 1750

Tactics - Option 1 - Everyone starts emabarked on Vendettas in reserve. As squadrons arrive they move onto the board and use the 3 TL Lascannon shots each to open up tanks/transports. They then either hang back and keep pouring out the Lascannon love or move in and disembark the vets to clean up.

Other options exist depending on the scenario, opponent army, etc, etc... :)

Thoughts?

TSINI
09-21-2009, 11:05 AM
this looks good as an army list, but my first thought is, holy hell, you'll be dead from exposure to solvent after you've built 7 vendettas. plus sick to death of painting lol

that aside, i think this is quite a "focussed" army list, and i don't mean that its particularly anti-tank/anti infantry, i mean you only have 7 squads of men, and 7 aircraft in 3 squads. so you'll only be able to target 3 enemy units in turn 1 or 2 and once your troops are on the field, they will be open to assault before they can bring their flamers to bear. it feels a bit under defended for an almost 2000 point force.

40kGamer
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I've been wanting to do an Elysian guard army for years and put it off thinking I would wait until a plastic valkyrie arrived. I want an Elysian theme but the codex still doesn't do them justice. If only valks were dedicated transports I could really go to town! Such is life!!! :rolleyes:

Chumbalaya
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
I think some Valkyries might serve you better here, at least 1 squadron. 2 pie plates apiece is a great way to thin out enemy numbers.

I wouldn't bother with combat upgrades either, just accept your glorious death in the name of the Emperor. For lols you could throw Straken in though ;)