PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Space Marine 2000pts

Bedroom General
04-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Hiya, just hammered my mates Space marines with my CSMs. one of those rare battles where everything goes according to plan. So I got to thinking about the Imperial Space Marines. More specifically, the models I've got sitting,waiting for the day I succumb to painting my imperials.

Space Marines 2000pts (exactly)

Librarian, Terminator armour no additional weapon (Gate of Infinity and either smite or avenger)
* with Terminator squad

Chaplain, Jump Pack
* with Assault space Marines

Dreadnought Twin linked Autocannon x2

10x Terminators Cyclone missile launcher

5x Assault Terminators (TH/SS)
Landraider Multi melta

10x Space Marines Missile Launcher, Flamer, Sarge Power fist

10x Space marine Scouts Missile launcher, Sarge Teleport homer

10x Assault Space Marines Sarge Power fist

Landspeeder x2 Multi melta x2

Attack bike Multi melta

Well, there you have it.
Intention is to gate the big shooty squad of termies about generally causing mayhem while the landraider full of hammers heads "Up the guts". Assault squad with Chaplain for fearless jump troops. Only two troops cos of your lovely combat squading ability.
Landspeeders because I hate 'em as a Chaos and Necron player they've always been a pain. So I've got two. :)
The Attack bike is because I've got the model, and like the idea of turbo-boosting paranoia.

What do Imperial d... space marine players think of the viability of such a list?
Its intended to be at least semi competitive, and has lashings of lovely terminators.

Tynskel
04-14-2012, 08:49 AM
I'd get that tactical squad sgt a teleport homer and a rhino (or drop pod with locator beacon). making sure terminators land where you want them is priceless.

Also, I am a big fan ot hv flamers, many people might disagree, but, if you can get a template in a good spot, you'll fry a bunch of eggs. You could switch the Cyclones to flamers. You want terminators in close, anyhow, and if you are worried about armor, slap some chainfists in there. Swapping Cyclones to Hv Flamers frees up 50 points. That's enough for a transport and a teleport homer for the Tactical Sgt.

The libby could use Vortex of Doom, since he's in Terminator Armor. Str10 AP1 is a good thing.

I don't know if you took the land raider as a dedicated transport or not. If ya did, I would take it as Hv Support. That increases the flexibility of your force, as the assault terminators could always deep strike. Sometimes you need to support our troops more than your terminators.