PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point SM tourny list, need input!

DjDaMode
04-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey all,

I'm going to a local tournament soon and i have been thinking about a list to take. It has to be 1000 points.

Here is the SM list i was thinking of:

HQ: 190 pts
Forgefather Vulkan He'Stan

Elites: 200 pts
Assault Terminator Sargeant with Thunder Hamer and Storm Shield
1x Terminator Assault Squad with Thunder Hamer and Storm Shield

Squad Transport: 250 pts
Land Raider Redeemer with Multi-Melta

Troops: 170 pts
Space Marine Sergeant with Chainsword
1x Tactical Squad with 5x Additional Marines,Flamer,Multi-Melta

Squad Transport: 35 pts
Rhino

Troops: 146 pts
Scout Sergeant with Camo Cloak
1x Scout Squad with 5x Additional Scouts,Sniper Rifle,Camo Cloaks

Vulkan and Termies in LR. Tactical squad, half in transport, half on foot. Scouts. sniping stuff.
Thoughts?

Tynskel
04-14-2012, 07:30 PM
it is a pretty big risk to take a special character, a land raider, and terminators in 1000 points.
Not to mention, I don't know how the math on your scouts works out. Unless you are taking only 6 in the squad, but your maths still don't work out.

I would take one of those things. really, firepower is your friend in 1000. Vindicator, predator, dreadnought.

HQ 110
110 Chaplain
–Digital Weapons

ELITES 135
135 Ironclad

TROOPS 260
170 Tactical Squad
–10 Marines, Flamer, Multi-Melta
90 Scout Squad
–5 Scouts, Snipers, Camo Cloaks

Hv SUPPORT 495
125 Vindicator
–Siege Shield
120 Predator Destructor
–Lascannon Sponsons
250 Land Raider Redeemer
–Multi-Melta

Chexmix282
04-14-2012, 07:40 PM
In this points level having 640 of your points tied up in a single is an awful idea. Against a competent player you will find yourself getting tabled fairly quick.

Land Raiders do not work well in 1000 point games. 25% of your army easily taken out by a single meltagun.

Now, we really should completely re-work your entire list. Terminators can work, but Land Raiders can't. If you really want to run Vulkan I would suggest taking full advantage of his abilities by taking as many flamers and meltas as you can. Otherwise I would look at switching him to a Librarian for utility and reduced cost.

What models do you have access to?

Tynskel
04-14-2012, 08:30 PM
land raiders can, but you just gotta use them as a transport for your troops. Basically, you can only have one 'center piece' in your army at 1000 points.

Or, the other route is to take two Land raiders.

HQ 100
100 Chaplain

TROOPS 390
200 Tactical Squad
–10 Marines, Powerfist, Meltagun, Multi-Melta
190 Tactical Squad
–10 Marines, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs, Flamer, Missile Launcher

Hv SUPPORT 510
260 Land Raider
–Multi-Melta
250 Land Raider Redeemer
–Multi-Melta

DjDaMode
04-14-2012, 09:30 PM
What about dropping the LR for a drop pad and keeping the termies? that should give me points for 2 tact squads and maybe 2 rhinos.

DjDaMode
04-14-2012, 09:32 PM
In this points level having 640 of your points tied up in a single is an awful idea. Against a competent player you will find yourself getting tabled fairly quick.

Land Raiders do not work well in 1000 point games. 25% of your army easily taken out by a single meltagun.

Now, we really should completely re-work your entire list. Terminators can work, but Land Raiders can't. If you really want to run Vulkan I would suggest taking full advantage of his abilities by taking as many flamers and meltas as you can. Otherwise I would look at switching him to a Librarian for utility and reduced cost.

What models do you have access to?

I have almost everything in the codex besides landspeeders and bikes.

Tynskel
04-15-2012, 05:12 AM
oh sure. That works.
All I am trying to say three special goodies will get you no where fast in 1000 points. 2 special goodies is pushing it. However, it is always fun to have 1 special goodie in your 1000 point list.

Mr. Furious
04-15-2012, 01:52 PM
What about dropping the LR for a drop pad and keeping the termies? that should give me points for 2 tact squads and maybe 2 rhinos.

What's the drop pod for? If its for the terminators, drop that and teleport them in for free. Thats more points for other stuff, gives you the option to hold them in reserve and lets you put them where they're needed on the turn they come in.

Chexmix282
04-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Everything except speeders and bikes? hmmm...

My first instinct is to spam armor. Try this:

HQ
Librarian 100
-Null Zone, The Avenger

Elites
2 x Dreadnought 210
-Multi-Melta/DCCW

Troops
2 x 5 Tacticals 330
-Razorback w/ Lascannon, TL Plasmagun

Heavy Support
3 x Vindicator 360
-Dozer Blade

A lot of people don't like Vindicators but I think they are very good in lower-point games, especially when combined with Null Zone. You hide the Razorbacks behind your wall of Vindicators and keep the Dreadnoughts on the Vindicator's flanks to give them cover saves if the enemy goes for side shots. This much armor and firepower is very tough to stop at 1000 points.