PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Points Doubles Tournament

Luis
04-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Next Sunday our FLGS will be hosting a 1000 points doubles tournament with a little twist. The rules for the upcoming tournament are as follows:

1000 point army
Required minimum: 1 HQ and 1 Troop
Teams will be assigned randomly before tournie begins (names inside a hat)
Same team for the entire tournament
Non standard wacky missions

Having pointed out the specifics of the tournament I've come up with a Tau list that I may bring with me. Originally I thought about bringing my Deathwing army but since this is a twisted "more for fun than competitive" tournament I decided to bring out my old Tau army from the closet. Having said that, whoever wins gets bragging rights for the next 6 months or so, so I'd like at least a sporting chance with the Tau. Please take a look at the list and tell me what you think. I've erased all individual values and only left total unit cost to make it easier for critiques and to not openly break IP laws. All comments and critiques are welcomed.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l542/Sting_Wing/Tau1000pts.jpg

I have the weird inkling that the last mission might be a free for all, everyone for himself. Although that might prove to be a little bit difficult to pull off in a tournament scenario, even if its a wacky for fun tournament with minimum prices and mostly bragging rights for the next couple months or so. Oh well...... please tell me what you guys and gals think.