PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Tau *Spearpoint*

ElectricPaladin
04-16-2012, 02:25 PM
I was bored, so I made a 1500 point Tau list for Spearpoint. If I can ever talk anyone into playing a spearpoint game with me, this will be it! I'd love to hear your thoughts:

HQ
* Crisis Battlesuit Commander w/Shield Drones (x2), Target Lock, Twin-Linked Missile Pods

Elites
* 3 Crisis Suits w/Targeting Arrays, Twin-Linked Missile Pods
* 3 Stealth Suits, Leader w/Bonding Knife, Fusion Blaster, Markerlight, Target Lock; Grunts with Marker Drones
* 3 Stealth Suits, Leader w/Bonding Knife, Fusion Blaster, Markerlight, Target Lock; Grunts with Marker Drones

Troops
* Mass Attack Spearpoint (10 Kroot, 1 Shaper)

Heavy Support
* Destroyer Spearpoint (2 Broadsides w/Railguns, Leader w/Bonding Knife, Shield Drones (x2), Target Lock)
* Ambush Spearpoint (2 Hammerheads w/Railguns and Burst Cannons, Disruption Pods,)

As you can see, this list is heavily invested in reserve antics and firepower. My Ambush and Destroyer Spearpoints start on the board, alongside my 4-man strong deathrain Crisis Team. My stealth teams and kroot all outflank. Hopefully, between the absurd range of my railguns and the fact that my broadsides can actually shoot before the game begins, I can seriously hamper my opponent's ability to move up the field, which will give my deathrains time to close (with 13 to 18 inches of movement, that won't take too long). Everything that starts on the board is quite hard to kill, with 4+ invulnerable saves on the battlesuits (thanks Shield Drones) and a 3+ cover save on the hammerheads (Disruption Pod + Ambush Spearpoint). My outlflankers are a lot more vulnerable, but frankly, any enemy firepower directed at them is ignoring the much more important railguns and missile pods, which is fine by me.

Thanks to the Mass attack Spearpoint and the fusion blasters, my Kroot and stealth suits can outflank and stand a good chance of popping - or at least pinning down - enemy vehicles, if I'm lucky and smart.

I think it's a nasty, brutal little list, but I'd like your opinions.

And now, of course, I need to get into a Spearpoint game...