PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point Tournament List [Lizards]

DariusMacab
04-19-2012, 10:41 PM
This is a list i have been working on for a Fantasy Campaign, because it is a campaign we can modify our lists throughout the Campaign but i am thinking that this will be my default list.

Major opposition i am likely to run into:

Dark Elves
Ogre Kingdoms with huge deathstar of ironguts with chief and BSB with the banner that doesnt let you cast magic on the unit
Demons, huge deathstar of Bloodletters, Smaller dethstar of Bloodcrushers
Vampire Counts

Here is my List:

Slann Mage Priest
The Focused Rumination
Focus of Mystery
Battle Standard
[lore of life or death]

Scar Veteran
Charmed Shield
Light Armour
Halbard

25 Saurus Warriors
Spears
Full Command

10 Skink Skirmishers

20 Temple Guard
Full Command
Gleaming Pennant

Ancient Stegadon

What do you think?

DM

Thornblood
07-02-2012, 04:13 PM
So, Im currently ooking at Lizards as a potential army (my wallet is saying no) and been having a read of the book.

My main thought is that saurus get two attacks- but only in the front rank. Fielding units six wide is quite a bonus, however the rank bonus maight not be so worth it (assuming the extra saurus in the front rank kills an extra daemon or dark elf). This means units of 18 might be better. Maybe think about a few more just to be casualtie and not disrupt the formation, but you could shave a few points off the big saurus unit and maybe one or two temple guard, giving you an extra 50ish points to play with. If you can get the extra points up a bit higher you could plump for another unit of kink skirmishers- giving you flank charges and denying enemy rank bonus'- worth more than a single rank of our own. Or have fun with a hunting pack. Or a skink shamen with a dispel scroll can help for the extrachannelling die to help you really dominate the magic phase (or f beasts turn teh skink into a dragon- that will tip the balance). Maybe a skink hero can give the skirmishers the hitting power they need for those flank charges or tying up enemy units....

In essence I think you could trim 50-70 points and you could easily use that for a number of things some good ust for stats, some more tactical, and you can tailor it to the opponent.