PDA

View Full Version : SM Chaplain with the Khan

40kGamer
09-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of rules clarifications on independent characters. If 2 are in the same unit does the special abilities they confer apply to each other as well as the unit? I am thinking of running the Khan with a Chaplain in an HQ unit with lightning claws and storm shields. Should be pretty nasty if they can reach anything before they're shot up! :p

Also - does the to hit reroll apply to vehicle assaults as well? Say a vehicle that moved at cruising speed where you need 6's to hit? Tau, Eldar and Dark Eldar tanks are a real pain to close assault! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

SeattleDV8
09-21-2009, 03:14 PM
In the example you have given the Chaplins Liturgies of Battle are granted to the Chaplin "and all members of any squad he has joined" The Khan has joined and became part of the squad and so gets the re-roll to hit on the turn they charged.
You only need to have charged to get the bonus against any enemy unit.

Culven
09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
The ICs are part of the unit. Remember that "unit" refers to a group of models that act together which will include a squad and any ICs that have joined it.

A "reroll to hit" isn't limited in general. The rule granting the reroll will specify whether there are exceptions.

Aenir
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
The ICs are part of the unit. Remember that "unit" refers to a group of models that act together which will include a squad and any ICs that have joined it.

A "reroll to hit" isn't limited in general. The rule granting the reroll will specify whether there are exceptions.

Its nasty, onetime, I allied with a Ultramarine player, Had Azrael, Ezekiel, and a Int. Chaplain join up with Marneus calgar.... that unit was nigh unstoppable! :D

Culven
09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Team games can get pretty nasty with some of those odd combinations of units that would never occour in a standard game.

EmperorEternalXIX
09-22-2009, 03:40 AM
Especially ones where players have three HQ choices...musta been an expansion game. Mostly, investing 700 points in 3 models isn't a hot idea otherwise.

40kGamer
09-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks everyone!

It was confusing me because even though the independent characters do become part of the unit, they act as a one model unit in the assaults. I didn't want to be cheesy. Well at least not illegally cheesy! :p

Aenir
09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Especially ones where players have three HQ choices...musta been an expansion game. Mostly, investing 700 points in 3 models isn't a hot idea otherwise.

yeah, it was an apoc game, that unit took a green tide charge, lived (although lost the regular marines in the cmd. squad) and ended up tying up the unit long enough to finish it to a man

40kGamer
09-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Does the reroll to hit apply to assaults against vehicles as well?

Aenir
09-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Id suppose so, it says all misses in CC so i dont see why not

DarkLink
09-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes. You get to reroll all "to hit" rolls in the first round of assault. There is nothing that changes that against vehicles.

EmperorEternalXIX
09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
This includes grenades, too, I believe.