PDA

View Full Version : 40k in a flash...

bethor
04-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Still playing 500 point games with some new people, and wanted to get the thoughts of you all.

Is this fun and funny, or just mean?

Big Mek: KFF, cybork

3 Grot Tanks, Grotzookas

15 Gretchin, Runtherd
10 Gretchin, Runtherd
10 Gretchin, Runtherd

3 Killa Kanz, Rokkits

500 on the nose

This is for games with new people, so it needs to be friendly...

L192837465
04-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Hilarity will ensue. What a funny army, you and your opponent will have a blast with that!

thelion
04-27-2012, 01:02 PM
oh emprior save us that one will be fun do you mind if i steel it and use it as a gift army to give my kid brother so he can play aganst me?

bethor
04-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Feel free to use the list. Glad people think its fun.

We have been playing 500 point games recently bringing in some new blood, and its been more fun than I remember. I enjoy the bigger beat fest games, but the small games with adult beverages seem more like a game to me if you know what I mean. I still tend to win most of the games, but the game is fun in and of itself, and it if you lose, you are only out 45 minutes: do a shot and throw down with the next guy.

thecactusman17
04-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I know exactly what you mean about the small games. At my old FLGS, we had a bi-monthly tournament where players were randomly teamed up at only 750 points each, with full FOC rules in effect. Made for excellent friendly tournament games, because you really can't pack along say a Draigo list at 750 no matter how hard you try, but you can still do off the wall stuff like the list above and it will actually perform fairly well.