PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for ADMECH models

Paul
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Good news everyone!

I recently came across the 9-man Adeptus Mechanicus Skulz set Pictures (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/skulz/skulzadeptus/skulzadeptus.htm).

Mine aren't painted yet, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what kind of list I could make where I could field all of those models.

I don't want to run 2 as techpriests in a guard army, or 3 as BT Techmarines / other techmarines. I want to field them all because I want to show them off - they're collectors.

So what army list would fit that many servo-arms and whatnot?

Chexmix282
04-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Hmm, you'll really have to think outside the box for this one.

My first idea is to simply use them as IG with Power Fists in command squads, but that's lame and uninventive. It doesnt fit with their role of fixing things.

A much better and more creative idea (imo) is to give them mechanical creations to ride and use them as Necron Spiders in a Scarab farm list. Put them each on something that hovers and has claws/arms, similar to a palanquin/skimmer. You can take up to 9 Spiders in a necron army, allowing you to use all of the models, and also giving them a very "centerpiece" feel to the force. Add plenty of scarabs and lords/warriors/crypteks to taste.

If you don't use this idea, I will. Somebody's got to do it :P

EDIT: Here's a list that will illustrate my ideas. It's a little over, but whatever.

HQ
2 x Necron Overlord 360
-Warscythe, Command Barge
2 x 3 Crypteks - Harbingers of Destruction 250
-one has Solar Pulse

Troops
3 x 5 Warriors 540
-Ghost Ark

Fast Attack
3 x 7 Canoptek Scarabs 315

Heavy Support
3 x 3 Canoptek Spyders 540
-Fabricator Claw Arrays

The Claw Arrays let them fix up your wall of AV13, after they pop out more scarabs. One Cryptek from each court joins a warrior squad, giving each troop unit 7 bodies and 2 S8 shots. Between them and the Scarabs enemy tanks shouldn't last too long.

gendoikari87
04-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Good news everyone!

I recently came across the 9-man Adeptus Mechanicus Skulz set Pictures (http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/skulz/skulzadeptus/skulzadeptus.htm).

Mine aren't painted yet, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what kind of list I could make where I could field all of those models.

I don't want to run 2 as techpriests in a guard army, or 3 as BT Techmarines / other techmarines. I want to field them all because I want to show them off - they're collectors.

So what army list would fit that many servo-arms and whatnot?

Several different armies, i'm doing mine vanilla marines when the marines get redone. But you could concieveably use grey knights, space wolves, I supposed blood angels might work.

thecactusman17
04-28-2012, 11:19 PM
GK inquisitorial armies are excellent for representing admech with a variety if unusual wargear and unit combinations. Minimize the power armor, increase the tech-toting acolyte teams, jokaero and odd tank and walker selections. You can do this all without converting a single model, but such conversions will be even better.

Paul
04-30-2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks everyone. I will consider these options...

gendoikari87
04-30-2012, 06:53 AM
GK inquisitorial armies are excellent for representing admech with a variety if unusual wargear and unit combinations. Minimize the power armor, increase the tech-toting acolyte teams, jokaero and odd tank and walker selections. You can do this all without converting a single model, but such conversions will be even better.

actually you can go hog wild on armor, Even excluding the super advanced mega warriors that are the Secutorial armies, the admech has entire tech guard units clad in something akin to terminator armor. Then again, some are also packing no armor and autoguns.... All depends on the ranking mechanicus leading them.