PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pt Necron tourney list

planet psyrum
04-28-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm new to tourneys and I have a good 1850 list that i do well with, but 1000 pts is throwing me for a loop. The meta where I am is guard, SM, tau, and orks. Only one grey knight player. My list is as follows:

Overlord
Phaeron
Semp weave

Overlord
Phaeron
Semp weave

5 warrior
Eldritch lance - solar pulse
Eldritch lance

5 warrior
Eldritch lance

6 warrior
Eldritch lance
Eldritch lance

6 immortals
Eldritch lance
Eldritch lance

8 scarabs

planet psyrum
04-28-2012, 04:00 PM
To me I think this list is terrible. But I just do not know how to write a good 1000 pt list. I think it is a hide, pop transports with eldritch lances, ccb, scarabs, and destroyer lord, hide, run, hide, contest late with veils amd anything that is left that is fast. But the list doesnt shoot well, doesn't cc well, and doesn't survive well. What do you guys think?

planet psyrum
04-28-2012, 08:40 PM
So ignore this. This list is illegal. I will have an updated one soon.

Chexmix282
04-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Spamming AV13 is the best way to go at 1k pts. Something like:

Overlord 180
-Warscythe and Command barge

2 Destruction Crypteks 95
-1 Solar Pulse

2 x 5 Warriors 360
-Ghost Ark

8 x Scarabs 90

3 x Annihilation Barges 270

Although in my opinion spamming Av13 mis the best way to play 'crons at any points level, lol. Obviously the Crypteks go with the Warriors. You could drop 2 Annihilation Barges and the Scarabs for a second Command Barge and 2 more Crypteks (2xdestruction pulse), putting you right at 1k. 2 Crypteks per warrior squad is great, but IMO not as good as the Annihilation Barges.

Hope that helps.

planet psyrum
04-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks, I only have two annihilation/command barges. So the duo command barges would be nice. What do you think about this.

Imothek
Chromonetrontek
Chromonetrontek
5 warriors.

Overlord
Semp weave
Pulsetek
Veiltek
5 warriors

6 warriors
Pulsetek
Veiltek

8 scarabs

The points are not worked out yet, but you get the point. The whole game will be night fight. I hide and let lightning blow up some transports, and win kill points that way. C&C I will just contest with veil on turn 5. Multiple objectives would be a problem.

planet psyrum
04-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Alright checkmix, I'm going with a little taste of what you suggested. The tourney is 1000 pt, no special characters, and 3 ranked objectives. So here is my list so far.

Overlord w/ command barge
Semp weave
Mindshackle
Warscythe

Overlord w/ command barge
Semp weave
Mind shackle
Warscythe

8 warriors
Pulsetek
Eldritch lancetek

8 warriors
Pulsetek
Eldritch lance tek

5 deathmarks
Veiltek
Abyssaltek

Total 993

I like the two barges and 4 str 8 AP 2 shots from my warriors. They should be able to POP transports. The deathmarks are just there to hunt deathstars or really good cc units. Two 2+ ap1 templates that can deepstrike next to you is sweet. Kill points, I only have 7 of them. 4 in the bargea that should last a long time jumping around everywhere. Amd the two troop choices are nice at protecting their kill points because the crypteks have everliving. In objective gamea i will be Screwd. I only have two scoring units. Any help guys? What shoyld i do to fill up 7 points.

planet psyrum
04-29-2012, 03:24 PM
So, I am wondering if I take away the mindshackles and semp weaves from the two overlords I will have 60 points left over plus the 7 already left. If I take out the Abyssaltek that is 30 more points. What can I add for 97 points that will make this list more effective than how it stands now?

Chexmix282
04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
You should just edit your posts rather than double/triple-posting. Forum rules, and all that ;)

Do you have any ghost arks?

planet psyrum
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
You should just edit your posts rather than double/triple-posting. Forum rules, and all that ;)

Do you have any ghost arks?

Sorry didn't know the rules. How do i delete a post? Second I have 1 ghost ark.

Chexmix282
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I wouldnt worry about deleting them, I was just letting you know.

If you can't take a bunch of AV13 then I would just take a foot army. Lots of warriors, scarabs, and a single lord (Phaeron + Warscythe). Annihilation Barges would be a good investment to complement, as opposed to the Command Barges. Maybe even use the ark as a Doomsday Arm if you're feeling frisky.

I would try to avoid spending too many points on characters and Crypteks. I only run dual Command Barges when everything else on the table has an armor value, otherwise I take a single Phaeron, as mentioned above.

planet psyrum
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM
What about 2 command/annihilation barges and 1 ghost ark. Is that enough AV 13 for spamming?

Chexmix282
04-29-2012, 10:21 PM
I would run them as 2 Annihilation Barges and a Doomsday Ark. They stay towards your board edge and avoid meltaguns. I would then take a Phaeron with Warscythe, several units of Warriors or Immortals, and as many scarabs as you have. Something like:

Overlord 120
-Phaeron, Warscythe

2 Crypteks 70
-Eldritch Lance

15 Necron Warriors 195

5 Immortals 85 (Cryptek goes here)

5 Immortals 85 (Cryptek goes here)

6 Scarabs 90

Doomsday Ark 175

Annihilation Barge 90

Annihilation Barge 90

I would rather have a third Annihilation Barge over the Doomsday Ark (purchasing Scarabs with the points saved), but this should fit into the models you have. Lord joins the Warriors and moves up midfield, shooting anything and in a pinch assaulting. The Annihilation Barges target enemy armor. The Immortals and Doomsday Ark shoot at enemy armor until good infantry targets present themselves. The Immortals hold objectives ob your side of the board and the Lord/Warriors go to take/contest enemy objectives.

I would really like to see more Scarabs but there simply isn't the points.

planet psyrum
05-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I am playing in a 4 game 1000 pt, objective point tourney. The meta in my area is transport heavy SM lists, nasty BA lists, and horde orks. With that said, as a necron player, i cannot make a list to deal with all of them. So, I am going against the mech lists.

Overlord
Phaeron
Semp weave

Overlord
Phaeron
Semp weave

5 warriors
Eldritch lance

5 warriors
Eldritch lance

6 warriors
Eldritch lance
Eldritch lance

6 immortals
Eldritch lance
Eldritch lance

8 scarabs

I played a bunch today, and through 15 turns, I only blew up 2 rhinos. What do peiple think? Pros, cons? What are good matchups? Bad matchups?

planet psyrum
05-11-2012, 11:05 PM
The point of this list is to shoot, shoot, shoot. The two overlords go into the warrior squads and give them a 30" range, and the crypteks a 42" range. That's amazing distance, I feel at 1000 pts. The 8 str. 8 AP 2 shots are good for popping transports, and killing power armor in the open. The overlords also give a buffer with his 2+ save from random bolter shots. The scarabs are uses to take down a weakened squad of marines and scouts. They do not win but will kill a good chunk and tie them up for a turn.

The weakness is cc. If anything touches them, they die. I fear blood angels, deamons, and horde orks.