PDA

View Full Version : 1850 GK Tourney List: Need help deciding

boestera
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Hello BOLS, I need help deciding which tournament list to make. The lists are quite different; 1st list involves paladins and Inq. Henchmen, while 2nd revolves around Purgation squads and Purifiers. I think both lists could be effective, but seeing as they are a rough draft, I would like some other eyes to get ahold of them and see if there are any pitfalls or changes that should be made. All feedback is appreciated:

List 1: 1848/1850
HQ:
Librarian - Warding Stave, Servo-Skull; MoT, Quick, Shrouding, Warp Rift - 210pts
Inq. Coteaz - 100pts
Elites:
Paladin Squad: 325pts
Paladin #1 - Daemon Hammer
Paladin #2 - MC Psycannon/Halberd
Paladin #3 - Psycannon/Halberd
Paladin #4 - MC Halberd
Paladin #5 - Halberd
5x Purifiers - 2x Psycannons, 1x Daemon Hammer, D.T. Razor w/ Psybolt - 195pts
Troops:
5x Deathcult Assassins - D.T. Razor w/ Psybolt - 125pts
3x Warrior Acolytes - D.T. Razor with Las/TL-Plasma - 92pts
Heavy Support:
Dreadnought - Two TL-Autocannons, Psybolt - 135pts
Dreadnought - Two TL-Autocannons, Psybolt - 135pts
LR Redeemer - Multi-melta - 255pts

List 2: 1850/1850
HQ:
Castellan Crowe - 150pts
Troops:
10x Purifiers - 4x Psycannons, 1x Daemon Hammer, D.T. Razor w/ Psybolt - 335pts
Heavy Support:
5x Purgation Squad - 4x Psycannons, D.T. Razor with Las/TL-Plasma - 260pts

Basic Tactics:
List 1: Terminators go in Redemeer and will be my hammer unit. Coteaz will go with Deathcults and advance with Paladins, Purifiers will take up middle ground and defend.
List 2: 10man squad will Combat squad with 4x psycannons going in Razor, and the rest reserving with Crowe. Will Rhino rush to mid ground, will arrange rhinos into a wall that Purgation squads can hide behind and still be able to shoot regardless of LOS. List has 22 Psycannons 0.o...

Let me know which army you think is the best/most fun, and possibly ways to improve them, thanks abunch BOLS.

bforber
05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Opinions on list 1-

The librarian is waaaaaaaay too expensive. Drop the staff and just stick with a sword. Also if the librarian is rolling with the paladins, drop quicksilver, (that's what halberds are for,) and get sanctuary. The servo skull seems kind of pointless if you're rolling the only thing that can deep strike in a LRR.

Also, DCAs aren't very good without grenade support. Maybe find a way to incorporate a techmarine into your list with rad grenades at the miminum.

Your acolytes look fine, even though I think they're cheap in a thisisreallystupid kind of way, but they work.

Heavy support is fine.

List 2: Are you buying halberds for your purifiers? They're 2 ppm.

Maelstorm
05-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Hmmm, was it Monty Python who sang:

Spam-spam-spam-spam-spam-spam....

My apologies - it was too easy!!

Tynskel
05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

boestera
05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Having posted these lists on another forum and getting feedback there, this is where List #1 has currently evolved to:

1850/1850pts
HQ:
Librarian - Warding Stave, Servo-Skull; MoT, Quick, Shrouding, Sanctuary - 210pts
Inq. Coteaz - 100pts
Elites:
Paladin Squad: 330pts
Paladin #1 - Daemon Hammer/SB
Paladin #2 - MC-Psycannon/Halberd
Paladin #3 - MC-Psycannon/MC-Halberd
Paladin #4 - Halberd/SB
Paladin #5 - Sword/SB
5x Purifiers - 2x Psycannons, 1x Daemon Hammer, D.T. Razor w/ Psybolt, Searchlight - 196pts
Troops:
5x Deathcult Assassins - D.T. Razor w/ Psybolt, Searchlight - 126pts
3x Warrior Acolytes - D.T. Razor with TL-Lascannon, Searchlight - 93pts
3x Warrior Acolytes - D.T. Razor with TL-Lascannon, Searchlight - 93pts
3x Warrior Acolytes - D.T. Razor with Las/TL-Plasma, Searchlight - 93pts
3x Warrior Acolytes - D.T. Razor with Las/TL-Plasma, Searchlight - 93pts
3x Warrior Acolytes/4x Psykers - D.T. Inq. Chimera, Searchlight - 108pts
Heavy Support:
Dreadnought - Two TL-Autocannons, Psybolt, Searchlight - 136pts

To respond to bforber; I stick with the staff because the librarian is the lynchpin of the army/paladins, and since he can be singled out in CC, I want him as survivable there as possible. Also the single Servo-skull is there to deny infiltrators/scouts a key location on the board. Originally the DCAs were in the list as a counter-charge unit to defend the Acolyte squads (which they could still be used that way) but have now became a secondary assault unit to go after softer squads that really are not worth devoting the paladins to, and therefore do not need all the bells and whistles that other DCA heavy armies require to function.

As for the other two trolls, why bother posting on a topic that you can input no meaningful response to, but to only respond with "Spam Spam Spam" like you are trying to hop on the bandwagon that passed the station many months ago, in the pursuit of "comedy" or "cleverness."