PDA

View Full Version : Warp Lightning Cannon and Multiple Wound Models

Chimi
05-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I play Skaven, and have a few friends who play Ogres, and this question comes up surprisingly often. The quick-ruling we've made is advantageous to me, but I'd hate to be screwing him into too many wounds, so:

Normally when a cannon shot fails to slay a Big Guy like an Ogre, it stops there, robbed of momentum by the bulk of the critter. However, at the end of it's bounce, the Skaven Warp Lightning Cannon shot explodes in a small blast. So what happens when an Ogre stops a WLC shot? Does the Biggness totally cancel out the fact that the shot should explode? Does the shot explode there, thus probably hitting more of the unit than it would if it just carried on through the Ogre? Or, given the crazy energy nature of the WLC, does the shot continue on through the Ogre and explode where it normally would, probably behind the unit in question?

Wildeybeast
05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I'd recommend checking any rules queries in the GW FAQ section here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/articleCategory.jsp?communityArticleCatId=1000018&articleCatId=1000018&catId=&section=) as it often covers such things (though by no means always). It does in this case.

Q: If a shot from a Warp Lightning Cannon does not kill a
Monstrous Infantry/Beast/Cavalry or Monster model does that shot
stop? (p68)
A: No. All models are still hit

Chimi
05-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Ah! And there it is! I swear I had checked the FAQ, but I guess I must have missed it somehow. Thanks!

Skeith154
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
check check carefully you must... the skaven don't trust you if you get the rules wrong....